Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 73 total)
hawkc 10 years ago

Okay Will do! Thank you so much!! THis is what I need, support. I am happy to have joined this group!! Thank you!!!

Ossie-Sharon 10 years ago

Hi, hawkc. It looks like you are on the right track! That 300 number is probably for cholesterol, and sodium is more like 2000-3000 mg per day (to be safe, shoot for 2000, because you’ll probably get to 3000 with hidden sodium here and there).

hawkc 10 years ago

Thank you Ossie, I will work on all you suggested. I do not use margarine and have cut down on Butter. I love my Olive oil and herbs with my meals. I stopped using package items! I will work on my good fats and make my self exercise. lol
One question how much sodium should you have daily. I was trying to only have about 300mg. and I was told that was to low. I have low blood pressure anyways. I wonder if that is what through me off. I have raised my 300mg at each main meal and today I had more energy.
I love the fact that I don’t feel bloated when I stopped eating so much products that had high sodium.

Hi, hawkc. There is no question that menopause creates those changes, and makes good choices about food components extra important.
Note that one of the key principles of this program is to avoid processed “packaged” foods, which can be a big help in terms of sodium, good vs. bad fats, and simple vs. complex carbohydrates. Another principle is a lower overall percent of energy from carbohydrates in general, in favor of protein, which is particularly imporant now.
Do be sure you are getting good fats and making good substitutions – your allies will be olive (especially extra-virgin), hazelnut, almond, chia, flax seed, avocado and even organic canola (very important that canola be organic). If you like the taste of coconut, coconut fat is a better choice than butter,and if you use margarine, be sure it is soft, based on omega-3s or olive oil, and contains no hydrogenated or trans fats.
As for your physical activity, I would suggest changing or adding something to work a set of muscles you don’t usually use, to spark your metabolism.
Finally, take advantage of your efforts to cut down on salt and use more herbs and spices, which can greatly enhance your health, beyond just taking the place of sodium. Also, take advantage of deep green leafy free vegetables in the program to load up on minerals that counterbalance sodium in the body.

hawkc 10 years ago

Hello Ossie Sharon,

I have been in yoga for over a year now. 2 times week. I love it. Health wise I am active 3 pre & teen running around, coaching soccer, basketball, youth groups. Always on the go.
This past year I have had some pre menopause symptoms. No sleep at night because of hot flashes, grumpy, forgetful. So I am taking Amberen. Its great helps me out with the symptoms. So then I went to the doctors for a physical and my cholesterol is high. It has always been high but my good was high too now levels were all bad. So I went on line looked at different diets read up on how to eat to lower my cholesterol. But it is very hard to figure things out on my own. I did basically tried everything! All my other test were normal. The biggest difference I did is lower carbs and sodium input. All carbs have so much sodium, all package food do too.
But when I started I was not eating enough fruit. And a friend said you need to increase your fruit because you just cut out all your sugars. So i did but I desperately am looking for guidance, on now much, what to eat, I want to do good then go back to the doctors retake the test and show them that changing my diet will help instead of them scaring me into taking pills.
One Doctor asked me do I want to die and leave my children with out
a mother. He scared me so bad I took the meds for 3 mo. That was 3 years ago. but it was awful I could not function. I had horrible short term memory loss. I weight 153 at 5’5″
I know diet is the key. Just need to find the right key!! SO i am giving Trim Down Club a chance.
Any advice would be appreciated!! Thank you

Hi, hawkc. What is your dieting history? Health history (i.e. diabetes, blood pressure, kidneys, liver)? Is yoga new to you? You may be “detoxing,” but a lot depends on various factors.

hawkc 10 years ago

Hello, I am new and looking forward to starting this new lifestyle. I have started this on my own about 2 weeks ago. But I needed help and this site gives great advice. I am just so tired since I cur my carbs and sodium intak. I am hoping tweaking some items I get more energy. I never new how much I replied on carbs. I ate alot. I just can’t understand why I am tired. I must be doing something wrong. I have added alot more fruit and veggies. am I detoxing? I just want energy. I do Yoga but want to do more from my heart rate. But I have no energy.

sexypat2u 10 years ago

Hi I’m new and just getting started, this is a big challenge for me, I m going to need all the support I can get. Keep me in your prayers and look forward to my new journey towards living a healthy lifestyle. I need to lose over 145 lbs. So this is definitely going to be a lifestyle change.

leez8 11 years ago

I will weigh in on Monday, it will be one week. So fingers crossed. I don’t notice much difference in my clothes but we’ll see. I find I forget to drink enough water. Hey did anybody watch that video on the front of the program? What did you think?

inastrvl 11 years ago

Good job Lee. You are really doing something great for your busy life. Having pre-packed snacks and meals for work really shows you are serious about your weight loss plan. I am currently retired and have 90% of my meals at home. If I were still working I would do just what you did. How is the pan working for you> Have you noticed that you are feeling better? It really makes me happy to see your great post.

inastrvl 11 years ago

Why are you not following the program. You knew you needed to lose weight when you joined. The program is based on work from nutritionists and shows a way to live without hunger and for good health. Be good to yourself and try the food as prescribed on the website.

leez8 11 years ago

Hey it’s nice to hear from you all. I have kept the diet for 4 days now. ( well day 2 had a beer in it so not quite.) I had gas
in my tummy for a couple days but that seems to have left.
TIME SAVING TIP:
I went to Costco and bought sweet peas, celery, cherry tomatoes, broccoli, mushrooms. Not $$ I made up baggies for snacks & lunches so they are in the fridge and ready to grab on the way out. I’m staying with my diet, thanks everyone for the support.

MargGirvin 11 years ago

I have been doing this for just over a week now..haven’t seen any weight loss ..but definitely feel better..not hungry really ever ..and I am not even staying that close to the menus..
I walk every day..try to fit in around 3 to 4 km..
hoping to see some results wt wise soon.

inastrvl 11 years ago

This really works. You have to be diligent and patient. After a while, you will learn to shop, clean out your “junk”, prepare you meals with measuring cups and I weigh on a food scale. I bought this Krups scale many years ago and it have been very worth while. I found the eyeballing was not accurate and I over ate with my portions. Good luck and follow your plan.

debradlam 11 years ago

Hi, I am a neebie,day 3. I really like the program so far. I am 54 a diabetic going to menopause and my body is doing it own things. I finally made a decision to try my best and change my lifestyle of eating. I really feel good already from just eating right the first 3 days. I’m going to give this my all and hopely I’ll have some great results.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 73 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.