Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 73 total)
inastrvl 11 years ago

I am on day 11. I started out at 178 and now weigh 176+/_. I weigh and measure all of my food. I have started to walk for exercise and am getting discouraged with my progress. HELP!

churdan 11 years ago

I mad congrats any tips will be helpful!!

churdan 11 years ago

Im new tonight and feels over whelming but I will take one day at a time and one meal!! I feel there is so much to eat each day!

mannysan 11 years ago

Hi: One good suggestion, once you have prepared your weekly diet, go ahead and email it to yourself. Then open it on your cellular phone. This way you have it with you at all times and don’t have to walk to the grocery store with fives pages in your pockets.

inastrvl 11 years ago

I MAD

I MADE IT FOR 8 DAYS AND AM SO HAPPY WITH THIS PROGRAM. I must say this is easy because being retired makes it easy to shop, prepare and I am losing on a daily basis and feel just great. I never feel hungry. So any one who is just starting let’s keep in touch.

Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

Hi, Joyce. Switch things around however you want, just as long as you get a good amount of protein in the morning, not too many meals/snacks that are only carbs, and avoid heavier eating when you’re less active.

JoyceKilbourne 11 years ago

I too find it difficult to use the food plan. I am used to eating my vegs at dinner and usually just cold sandwich/salad at lunch. I can’t imagine tuna or beef frankfurter as evening snack! This is just my first week so will keep on trying!

Joyce

Hi, inastrvl. Are you able to shop at farmer’s markets? Sometimes they are less expensive than grocery stores. Beyond that, you can also try to go with the principle of fresh, unprocessed foods that are more common and easier on the wallet. You don’t have to be perfect, just do a little better than you would have otherwise.
It can be incredibly frustrating how healthy foods can be more expensive up front (there are ultimately long-term savings, but somehow this doesn’t always feel like consolation at the time).

inastrvl 11 years ago

I am a single lady and it seems preparing 1oz or 2 oz at a time can be wasteful. I am on day 5 and have lost 2 pounds. It is very exciting for me to eat so much and loss weight. This is an expensive diet. I go to a store (Sprouts) which is a healthy food option no garbage. Any one else finding this expensive and suggestions for help in this area?

Bunkyjoe 11 years ago

Hi i am new at this too and i need to loose weight to i quit smoking 3 months ago gained more lbs then i wish to summer coming need start going for bike rides and lots of walking

Hi, Clair. Try making reduced recipe amounts (divide into halves or quarters) or freezing extra portions for convenience during the week.

clair050 11 years ago

What I did was to print out the menus for the week and then made a copy of the food I was to eat and make a plan from that. Make my grocery list and hopefully it will work. Good Luck!!!!

clair050 11 years ago

Hi, I am new to this also. Just got started. The one thing I don’t like is the meals you make are so large. They should be for just that week only. There are a lot of food that I don’t like but I will find something else instead. And the bread and the ingredients you need is too much.. this flour, that flour, etc. Almost seems too much. But I am going to try to figure a way to make this work. I work out 3 times a day at Energy for one hour.

rawanntrim 11 years ago

Hi, I am having trouble doing this. I am exercising but it seems to hurt me. Every day I try to use your recipes. It’s as if I am gaining instead of loosing. Help me! 🙁

sandi80 11 years ago

I know you say to not be overwhelmed, but I AM!! Its a lot of prep work and a lot of the foods i just dont have, and when i do go to get them, where do you go, some of that stuff is not the in the store, im thinking the health food store but that will be alot of money. help!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 73 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.