- 1 cup / 185 g quinoa, cooked (from ⅓ cup / 60 g uncooked)
- 2 omega-3 or grass-fed egg whites, well beaten
- ½ cup / 60 g low-fat cheese (preferably pastured), shredded
- ⅓ cup / 20 g spinach, chopped
- ¼ cup / 25 g sweet bell peppers (red, yellow, or orange), chopped
- ¼ tsp / 1½ g salt or substitute
- Preheat oven to 350°F/175°C. Spray a muffin pan with nonfat cooking spray.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Place about a tablespoon of the mixture into each muffin cup.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until lightly browned. Cool for 10 minutes.
Serving size: 1 cup
Exchanges per Serving: 1 Carb, 2 Pro, 0 Fat