This is the best way to get summer flavors year-round. Roasting fresh tomatoes strengthens their antioxidant power. Vegan and Paleo.
- 1 Tbsp / 15 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove fresh garlic minced or:
- ½ tsp / 2 g dried granulated/powder
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil leaves, chopped or:
- 1½ tsp / 1 g dried
- 1 Tbsp / 2 g fresh oregano leaves, chopped or:
- 1 tsp / 1 g dried oregano
- ¼ tsp / ½ g black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 lbs / 910 g (about 6 cups / 1.4 L) grape or cherry tomatoes or:
- regular tomatoes, sliced
- Preheat oven to 200°F / 100°C.
- Combine 2 tsp / 10 ml olive oil with seasonings and tomatoes, tossing gently to coat tomatoes.
- Brush or mist baking sheet with remaining olive oil.
- Arrange tomatoes, cut sides up, on oiled baking sheet.
- Bake at for 3 hours.
Serve as a side dish or on a whole grain or Paleo baguette with soft ricotta or nut cheese as an appetizer, or toss with whole grain or Paleo pasta and olive oil for a delicious main dish.
Serving size:½ cup / 120 ml
Exchanges per Serving: 1 Veg