Low-carb and full of flavor, these cheesy chips are an irresistable way to get in vegetables and protein. Gluten-free and Paleo-friendly.
- 1½ lbs / 700 g (about 6 medium) turnips
- 1 Tbsp / 15 ml coconut oil
- 1½ oz / 43 g (6 Tbsp) hard cheese, grated
- 1 tsp / 3 g garlic powder
- 1 tsp / 2 g paprika, regular or smoked
- 2 tsp / 4 g onion powder
- Preheat oven to 425°F / 220°C.
- Peel tough outer layer of turnips, and slice like french fries.
- Mix all ingredients together until turnip slices are well-coated.
- Spread coated turnip slices onto a baking sheet.
- Place in oven, and baked for 30 minutes or until turnips reach desireed consistency.
Serving size: 1 cup / 110 g
Exchanges per Serving: 1 Veg, 1 Fat