One of the most popular Mexican delicacies of all time, loved around the world! This version is low-carb AND low-fat, but still high in flavor.
- 16 oz. / 480 ml liquid egg whites, preferably organic omega-3
- 12 oz. / 340 g low-fat cheddar cheese, preferably organic pastured, shredded
- 8 oz. / 230 g mild green chiles, diced or whole (roasted, if desired)
- 1 tsp. / 2 g paprika
- Salt or substitute to taste (optional)
- Ground black pepper to taste (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F / 175°C.
- If using diced green chiles, mix with liquid egg whites. Add salt and pepper to taste, if desired
- If using whole green chiles, place in bottom of 8-inch/20-cm square pan.
- Place shredded cheese in pan. Pour egg white mixture over cheese.
- Sprinkle top with paprika. Bake 45 minutes.
Serving size:2 oz. / 57 g
Exchanges per Serving: 0 Carb, 2 Protein, 0 Fat