The contrast is not just in the color. Let your taste buds savor the sweet and sour flavors with the combination of sweet white beans, tomato, and lemon. Vegan-friendly!
- 1 Tbsp. / 14 ml olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- ½ cup / 65 gm carrots, diced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tomato, diced
- 2 cups / 360 gm white beans, cooked
- 1 tsp. / 1¼ g rosemary leaves
- 4 cups / 1 liter water
- 3 cups / 200 gm kale leaves torn
- 1 Tbsp. / 15 ml fresh lemon juice
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, warm the oil; stir in the garlic and sauté for a few seconds.
- Add the carrots and onion, stirring between each addition. Season with pepper and salt, if desired.
- Add the tomato and cook for about 4 minutes.
- Stir in the beans, and rosemary with 4 cups water.Increase heat to high, and bring to a rolling boil.
- Lower the heat, add the kale, cover and cook for 15 minutes more. Stir in the lemon juice before serving.
Serving Size: ֲ2 cups / 480 ml
Exchanges per Serving: 1¾ Carb, 1 Protein, 0 Fat