An easy-breezy, cheesy-pleasy solution for leftovers and fast meals. Simple to multiply for several people or a larger serving. If you’re a fan of melted cheese and generally short on time, keep a closed container of shredded cheese freezer, ready to use.
- 1 medium (8-in / 20-cm) whole grain tortilla
- ⅓ cup / 47 g skinless chicken, cooked and chopped or sliced
- ¼ cup / 28 g shredded cheese, preferably organic pastured
- ¼ cup / 37 g red or green sweet bell pepper, chopped or sliced
- Seasonings of choice (optional)
- 1 tsp. / 5 ml olive oil
- Preheat oven on broil setting, unless using toaster oven
- Brush a small space of a baking sheet or toaster oven tray with most of the olive oil
- Place chicken breast, cheese, and pepper pieces, along with seasonings if desired, on one half of one side of the open tortilla, then close the tortilla.
- Place the closed tortilla on the oiled baking surface, and brush the remaining olive oil on the side facing up.
- Broil or toast the quesadilla until the the inside is soft and the surface is golden brown, about 5-10 minutes.
Serving size: 1 quesadilla
Exchanges per Serving: 1 Carb, 3 Protein, 1 Fat