Frittata is an Italian omelette, and like a regular omelette, you can make it with your choice of ingredients. This simple sweet potato-kale-goat cheese combination makes an elegant square meal.
- 2 cups / 135 g fresh kale
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 tsp. / 10 ml olive oil
- 4 whole eggs, preferably organic omega-3 or pastured
- 4 oz. / 114 g soft goat cheese
- ¼ tsp. / 1½ g salt
- ¼ tsp. / ½ g ground black pepper
- 1 oz. / 28 g semi-soft goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup / 267 g sweet potatoes, diced
- Preheat your oven to 350°F / 175°C.
- In a steamer or adapted saucepan with water up to the holes, steam the sweet potatoes until soft, about 10-15 minutes.
- In an ovenproof non-stick skillet, add the oil followed by the kale and onions, and stir over medium heat for about 5 minutes, until onion becomes translucent. Turn off the heat and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine and whisk the eggs with the soft goat cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Add the sweet potatoes to the kale mixture in the skillet, and pour the egg mixture over all of the vegetables. Return to low heat. Cook for about 3 minutes.
- Lift the edges to allow the uncooked portion to seep through and cook evenly.
- Sprinkle the semi-soft goat cheese on top. Place the skillet in the broiler and cook for 2 minutes.
- Cut into wedges to serve.
Calories per serving: 264 cal
Fat per serving: 15.2 g
Carbohydrates per serving: 17.25 g
Cholesterol per serving: 204.6 mg
Fiber per serving: 2.7 g
Protein per serving: 14.75 g
Saturated fat per serving: 7.5 g
Sodium per serving: 278.5 mg
Sugar per serving: 4.5 g
Trans fat per serving: 0.1 g
Unsaturated fat per serving: 6.7 g
Serving Size: 1 slice
Exchanges per Serving: 1 Carb, 2 Protein, 1 Fat