A exotic, simple, and delicious stew with synergistic superspices to optimize taste and health. Low-carb, Paleo, and keto-friendly.
Click to get more Easy, Healthy Recipes
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 1 hour
Difficulty Rating 1
Health Level 4
- 4 chicken breasts (total 2 lbs / 1 kg), preferably organic pastured, halved - with skin for keto version
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced or crushed
- ½ tsp / 1 g ground ginger
- 2 tsp / 6 g ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp / 3 g additional mild seasonings to taste (e.g., turmeric, sweet paprika, cumin, coriander)
- ¼ tsp / ½ g cayenne pepper (optional)
- 30 oz / 850 g chopped stewed tomatoes, preferably from carton
- ½ cup / 120 ml chicken or vegetable stock, preferably organic low-sodium
- Add all ingredients to a large saucepan
- Cover and simmer gently for approximately an hour.
- The chicken should be tender and sauce reduced and thickened.
Garnish with coriander leaves (if desired) and serve hot as is or over brown rice or whole couscous or bulgur/bourgoul (⅓ cup / 65 g = 1 carb exchange) or potato (½ cup / 100 g). Serving size:
½ chicken breast + 1 cup / 240 ml stewed vegetables Exchanges per Serving:
3 Protein, 1 Veg
Wasn't that delicious? Do you want more?