Making your own sausage patties is so easy, as well as fun and even better-tasting and healthier than what you can get in the store. Gluten-free, Paleo-friendly, and freezer-friendly.
Click to get more Easy, Healthy Recipes
Preparation Time 15 minutes
Cooking Time 10-40 minutes
Difficulty Rating 1
Health Level 5
- 1 lb / 454 g extra-lean ground turkey, preferably organic pastured, raw or:
- 2 eggs (preferably organic omega-3 or pastured)
- ⅓ cup / 32 g almond meal/flour
- ¾ cup / 120 g pear (unpeeled), diced
- ¾ cup / 110 g red bell pepper, finely chopped
- ½ cup / 100 g red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. / 0.8 g dried rubbed sage
- 1 Tbsp. / 9 g salt-free seasoning blend of choice, or a mixture of the following:
- 1 small garlic clove, minced or ½ tsp. / 1½ g garlic powder
- ½ tsp. / ⅞ g ground cumin
- ½ tsp. /1 g paprika, preferably smoked
- ½ tsp. / 1 g ground allspice
- ½ tsp. / 1 g crushed red/chili pepper
- ½ tsp. / 1 g ground black pepper
- 4 tsp. / 20 ml olive or organic canola/rapeseed oil, preferably cold-pressed
- Combine all ingredients except the oil in a medium bowl.
- Shape mixture into 16 patties, each about ½-inch/1-cm thick.
- Stovetop: Warm ½ tablespoon oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 8 patties to the pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes, then turn patties over, and cook for another 2-3 minutes or until done. Remove patties, and drain on paper towels. Repeat with remaining oil and patties.
- Oven: Preheat oven to 375°F/190ºC. Brush or mist a baking sheet with 1 teaspoon / 5 ml oil. Add 8 patties to the prepared sheet, and brush the tops with 1 teaspoon / 5 ml oil. Bake for 15 minutes, then turn patties over, and cook for another 15 minutes or until done. Remove patties, and drain on paper towels. Repeat with remaining oil and patties.