So simple, so healthy, so delicious! Any fish works for this dish.
- 1 lb. / 454 grouper, haddock, flounder or other white fish, cut into 4 fillets
- 1 Tbsp. / 15 ml fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp. / 3 g fresh lime zest
- 1 clove fresh garlic, minced or 1 tsp. / 3 g garlic powder
- 1 egg, preferably organic omega-3 type or pastured, well-beaten
- ¼ tsp. / ½ g ground black pepper
- ½ cup / 40 g fresh whole grain breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbsp. / 8 g chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tbsp. / 28 ml olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425°F / 220°C.
- Combine lime juice and zest, garlic, and egg in a shallow bowl or deep plate.
- Combine pepper, breadcrumbs, and parsley in a shallow bowl or deep plate.
- Dredge each fish fillet in the egg mixture, followed by the breadcrumb mixture, until well-coated.
- Mist or brush 1 Tablespoon / 14 ml olive oil evenly on the bottom of a baking dish.
- Drizzle with remaining olive oil.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
Serving size:3 oz. / 85 g fish
Exchanges per Serving: ½ Carb, 3 Protein, 0 Fat