Like pickles but they don’t like you back? Here’s a fresh, much lower-sodium idea to healthfully deal with those cravings. Vegan, gluten-free, Paleo-friendly.
15 minutes + 2 hours
- 2 7-inch / 18-cm cucumbers, well-scrubbed and sliced into thin disks
- ½ cup / 120 ml white vinegar
- ½ cup / 4 g dill weed
- ½ tsp. / 1½ g granulated garlic powder
- ⅛ tsp. / 2 g (1 packet) Stevia powder
- 1 tsp. / 6 g salt (preferably Aztec, Celtic, Himalayan, or similar) or salt substitute
- In a colander, mix together cucumbers and salt. Allow to sit for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a separate bowl, mix remaining ingredients to make the dressing.
- After the 15-minute period, add the cucumber slices to the dressing, and mix to combine well.
- Refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours before serving.
Serving size: 1 cup / 240 ml of slices
Exchanges per Serving: 1 Veg