A breakfast favorite or satisfying side dish made to suit your schedule or menu plan — regular, keto, paleo, vegan...Nutrition Information per Serving: Kcal 60, Protein 0.5-2.2 g, Carb 4-16 g, Fat 5 g
Preparation Time5-15 minutes
Baking Time15-45 minutes
- 2 medium potatoes (each ≈3 inches/7½ cm long), well-scrubbed, cut into ½-inch / 1-cm cubes
- or for keto-friendly fries: 2 medium turnips (≈3 inches/7½ cm)
- 4 tsp / 20 ml olive oil
- Herbs and spices of choice, to taste (e.g., garlic, black pepper, paprika, oregano, parsley)
- Preheat the oven to 425°F / 220°C.
- If you are short on time, place the vegetable cubes on a microwave-safe plate in a single layer. Add a splash of water, cover, and microwave on high for 10 minutes.
- Toss the cubes with olive oil and seasoning, place on a baking sheet in a single layer, and bake for 15 minutes (pre-cooked) or 45 minutes (raw), turning every 5-15 minutes to ensure even cooking.
- Exchanges per Serving: ¼-1 Carb, 1 Fat
- Serving Size: ½ cup / 120 ml