These cinnamon blondies are tender and moist in the center with a bit of a crackle on top. High in beneficial cinnamon “phytonutrients” that support blood sugar balance and healthy weight management, these treats are healthier than average dessert bar, and SO addictive… Vegan and gluten-free.
Click to get more Easy, Healthy Recipes
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 30 minutes
Difficulty Rating 2
Health Level 4
- 1 15-oz / 425-g can of low-sodium chickpeas, or 1½ cups / 240 g cooked chickpeas (from ⅔ cup / 120 g dry), drained (save the liquid for another use!)
- ¼ cup / 30 g old-fashioned (steel-cut or rolled) oats, gluten-free if needed
- 1½ cups / 170 g nuts
- ⅞ cup / 170 g coconut sugar
- 1½ Tbsp / 13½ g ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp / 5 ml pure vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp / 1¼ g baking soda
- ½ tsp / 2½ g baking powder, preferably aluminum-free
- ¼ tsp / 1½ g salt or substitute
- Extra cinnamon (optional for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350°F / 180°C. Line an 8-inch / 20-cm baking dish with parchment paper.
- Grind nuts on high speed until they attain a smooth nut-butter texture, about 2 minutes. This will make about ½ cup
- Combine drained chickpeas, nut butter, and remaining ingredients in a food processor or mixing bowl, and purée until smooth.
- Spread batter evenly in prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes until the top is firm and the sides start to separate from the baking dish.
Sprinkle cinnamon on top (if desired) before cutting and serving.Serving size:
1 2-inch / 5-cm squareExchanges per Serving:
Wasn't that delicious? Do you want more?