Little fuss, little guilt, big delight. Can be made keto.
Click to get more Easy, Healthy Recipes
Preparation Time 45 minutes
Baking Time 45 minutes
Difficulty Rating 1
Health Level 4
- 2 eggs, preferably organic omega-3 or pastured
- 2 cups / 460 ml whole milk, preferably pastured
Keto: 1⅓ cup / 310 ml heavy dairy or coconut cream
- ¼ cup / 80 ml whole cane or coconut sugar
Keto: no-carbohydrate blend for baking (e.g., Stevia+erythritol powder)
- 1 tsp / 5 ml vanilla extract
- ½ tsp / 2½ ml ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350°F / 180°C. Boil 2 cups / 460 ml water.
- In a 2 quart/liter bowl, whisk together the first four ingredients until smooth.
- Divide mixture between 4 ramekins (custard cups) or pour into a 1-quart/liter glass or porcelain baking dish.
- Sprinkle top(s) with nutmeg.
- Pour boiling water into 2-quart/liter baking pan, and place ramekins or baking dish inside, being careful not to allow any water to mix with the custard batter.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until custard is just set.
- Remove ramekins from the water, and allow to cool, about 30 minutes.
½ cup / 120 ml Exchanges per Serving: with sugar/milk →
1¼ Carb, ½ Protein, 1 Fat; with no-carb sweetener/cream → 1 Protein, 6 Fat
Wasn't that delicious? Do you want more?