Baked Skillet Pancake: Great!
- 4 tsp. / 20 g granulated sugar, preferably whole cane or coconut
- 1 cup / 120 g whole grain flour
- ¼ tsp. / 1⅙ g baking soda
- 1 cup / 240 ml buttermilk, preferably organic pastured
- 4 tsp. / 54 ml nut or high-oleic oil
- 1 large egg, preferably organic omega-3 or pastured
- ½ tsp. / 3 ml vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350°F / 180°C. Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, combine remaining ingredients, save for 1 teaspoon / 5 ml oil.
- Stir wet into dry ingredients until just combined.
- Heat a 10-inch / 25-cm oven-save skillet over medium high heat. When hot, coat with oil and pour on batter.
- Transfer to oven and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until wooden pick comes out clean.
- Cut into wedges to serve.
Serving size: ⅙ pancake
Exchanges per Serving: 1 Carb, ½ Protein, ½ Fat