Tired of relying on expensive “energy” bars that might not be any better than candy? These great granola-like treats can be a served for breakfast, between-meals, or as a healthy solution to hunger when you’re on-the-go. And they’re as fun to make as they are to eat!
- 2 large omega-3 or pastured eggs
- ¼ cup / 50 g Stevia powder or monk fruit sweetener
- 1½ Tbsp. / 22½ ml organic canola/rapeseed, almond, or hazelnut oil
- 2 cups / 310 g oven-toasted oats
- ⅓ cup / 40 g chopped oven-toasted nuts
- 1½ Tbsp. / 15 g whole wheat or rice flour
- ½ Tbsp. / 7½ g vanilla or almond extract
- ½ Tbsp. / 4 g ground cinnamon (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325°F / 160°C. Spray a medium baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix all ingredients together, and spread in baking pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until lightly toasted. Cool and cut into bars.
Serving size:1 bars
Exchanges per Serving: 1¼ Carb, 0 Protein, 1 Fat