Delicious goat cheese makes this dessert both simple and impressive — great for company!
- 1 small apple, scrubbed and cored
- 2-3 strawberries, mashed
- 1 tsp. / 4 g Stevia or monk fruit sweetener (optional)
- 1 tsp. / 5 ml real maple syrup
- 4 tsp. / 20 g soft goat cheese, preferably pastured
- Bake apple at 375°F for 5 minutes or microwave for 1 minute.
- Combine the strawberry mash with a sweetener, if desired, and set aside to steep.
- Fill the hollowed core of the softened apple with all but 1 teaspoon / 5 g of the goat cheese.
- Drizzle maple syrup over the apple, followed by the strawberry sauce.
- Top with the remaining goat cheese.
Eat and enjoy!
Serving size: 1 filled apple
Exchanges per Serving: 1½ Carb, ½ Protein, 0 Fat