Delicious goat cheese makes this dessert both simple and impressive — great for company!
Click to get more Easy, Healthy Recipes
- 1 small apple, scrubbed and cored
- 2-3 strawberries, mashed
- 1 tsp. / 4 g Stevia or monk fruit sweetener (optional)
- 1 tsp. / 5 ml real maple syrup
- 4 tsp. / 20 g soft goat cheese, preferably pastured
- Bake apple at 375°F for 5 minutes or microwave for 1 minute.
- Combine the strawberry mash with a sweetener, if desired, and set aside to steep.
- Fill the hollowed core of the softened apple with all but 1 teaspoon / 5 g of the goat cheese.
- Drizzle maple syrup over the apple, followed by the strawberry sauce.
- Top with the remaining goat cheese.
Eat and enjoy!
Serving size: 1 filled apple
Exchanges per Serving: 1½ Carb, ½ Protein, 0 Fat
I dont want to use Stevia I prefer a raw sugar or honey is that okay with the dessert recipes?
Hi, Clgolden. It depends on the amount used in the recipes, as the carbohydrates can add up when using actual sugar/honey. If ultimately you get just a teaspoon or less of it per serving, that’s fine.
Hi, Candace. Each serving yields about 27 g carbohydrates, 4 g fiber, 4 g protein, and 5 g fat.
I plan on making this dessert but What are the calories, fat, protein, carbs of this dessert?
Hi, Susan. The main cheese in the picture is goat cheese, as is used in the recipe. We may replace it in the future.
These sound wonderful, but does the picture really go with this recipe?
You can also cut up the apple and cook it that way, because it can be difficult to cut it up whole apple once all the ingredients are on it.