Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
Elleoaka 9 years ago

Hi jaynemay …I just sent this site to my sister in the uk..I’m in Canada,,,is it easy to get the stuff there that’s needed for the recipes,,

Jaynemay 9 years ago

Hi, so how do you get to the UK menu please

Jaynemay 9 years ago

I have just done my first week and lost 6 pounds, I found it hard to work out what I should eat when I don’t follow the my menu, but have a bit more of an idea now, I don’t think I was eating enough before this diet, so I am glad to be doing and I really hope I keep going. Good luck to everyone looking forward to a slimmer me for the summer

buzycybill 9 years ago

Hi Kathy and Ruth,

I can only speak from my experience. I am starting my third week and am down 4 pounds. I am VERY sedentary. It seems like a lot of food but just for my own edification, I totted up the calories that I was given and it is about the same as when I was dieting on my own and starving all day. I have skipped a few snacks, not on purpose but because I simply forgot to eat. Ozzie says to try to make up the fruits and veggies later in the day. I didn’t go out and buy a lot. I am eating what I have and replacing it with healthier as I do my regular shopping. Once a week I plan to add something healthy to my pantry. I’m single so I can’t keep the variety that a family would. It would go bad. I substitute out what I need to and “fudge” the rest, then the next week try to buy something different for variety. If I make a recipe, I size it down for one or two portions and freeze some if possible for a quick meal. Make left over veggies and keep cooked chicken on hand for packed lunches and snacks.

Stick it out and see. Join one of the Groups and you can learn a lot of tips there.

Kathy212 9 years ago

I am also worried I will put on weight as I wouldn`t normally eat half the amount of food as told to on this programme. I will give it a go for a week or 2 but will be very disappointed if I do gain weight.

RuthMaxwellBryce 9 years ago

I imagine I just don’t understand this program. I have tried to finish the week one menus-it seems just like each one is a lot of random items grouped together. Is it really necessary to have so many different types of milk, yogurt, ect? I have not lost any weight at all. As a matter of fact, I have gained two pounds- I normally don’t eat all that dairy and fruit. Will I eventually even out and lose weight?

Kathy212 9 years ago

Thanks for the replies I am very grateful. I have sorted out my 1st menu with the foods I have chosen myself hopefully this will get me on the weight lose path. Good luck to one and all.

Suepb 9 years ago

Hi Kathy, have posted on the UK group site how to find our food groups in the ‘create menu’ area, hope this helps. Sue

Ossie-Sharon 9 years ago

Hi, Kathy. You are welcome to build your own meals from “scratch” – just click on the arrow icon in the upper right corner of the meal, and you will be directed to a mini-program that lets you select foods as you wish to fill your meal pattern, with no pressure for minimums.

Suepb 9 years ago

Hi Kathy, I can’t access the UK diet yet don’t know why am waiting for someone to reply to the post. I also found I ticked food i didn’t usually eat and am not that fond of i.e. pasta just so I could get to the save and produce menu stage not impressed so far hopefully it will get better.

Kathy212 9 years ago

Hi, Yes I also find that the menus are unrealistic, I found when choosing foods for the menu I was putting in foods I wouldn`t normally eat just to fill up the menu. I have tried to stick to the menu but feel that I am eating too much. I have never eaten a bad diet as I have always watched my weight since a child. I am also in the UK, could you please let me know how I can switch to the uk diet menus to see if this makes a difference. Thanks

Suepb 9 years ago

Thanks for the feedback. However, on changing my profile to the UK it has not changed the menu can you resolve this? thanks.

billeasley7 9 years ago

hard to stick to plan with work schedule advice on combining snacks with meal

Support 9 years ago

Hi Lordhelpme,

There’s a widespread myth that eating healthy is more expensive than eating unhealthier processed foods. If you are worried that your grocery list will become more expensive, here are a few tips that will help you reduce the amount of money you spend:
• Try to create a shopping list and stick to it. That way you will not be at risk of buying things you do not need, and over spending.
• Always buy generic or store brands when possible. The quality is often the same—you’re just not paying for advertising.
• Find a good ethnic supermarket. The prices will almost always be better—as will the selection of meat, fish, fruit and vegetables, spices and other seasonings—than at your typical supermarket chain.
• Farmer’s markets cut out the middle man so you can buy very high-quality produce from the farmer. Go at the end of the market and ask for a discount on any remaining fruits and vegetables or bread.
• Plan your cooking to create leftovers. It’s easier to cook just 2 or 3 meals a week, rather than 6 or 7: you can freeze and reheat leftovers. You’ll save time, money and power. You can also go even further and cook for the whole month at once.
For more information on making the most of your money when you go shopping, click on the following link: https://www.trimdownclub.com/budget-friendly-ways-to-manage-your-weight/

Support 9 years ago

Hi Suepb,

On checking your account, we found that because you did not update your location in your profile to the UK, you were getting international foods.

Please try again to access your menus. You should now see more familiar British foods.

Additionally, here’s a link with a list of stores that carry many of the Trim Down Club foods. With some, you can shop online if they’re not located anywhere in your area.

Where To Buy in the UK?

Best 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.