Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
Suepb 9 years ago

I have just joined spent ages trying to actually pick enough foods to make a menu because this is obviously US based foods and not UK. Also weights given in cups? What is a cup in pounds and ounces. If you are promoting this in the UK then you should at least cater for the UK food market. A lot of the foods we do not have here and the terminology does not translate by ‘grass fed’ do you mean organic? So the bottom line is my menu choices are very limited I had to put in cows milk just to be able to have enough protein to make the menu although I don’t drink cows milk as it isn’t good for my Asthma. Like ‘lordhelpme’ I am wondering how we are meant to adapt our eating to your recipes. It would make more sense if you listed UK equivalents and gave Uk alternatives for foods we cannot buy here e.g. Buffalo meat like ‘Marleykent’ I am so far not impressed.

Lordhelpme 9 years ago

I’m new too, in fact today is my first day. Have to say feeling a wee bit overwhelmed! Most every thing in my first week is NOTHING I have in my house. Going to have to use many of the products up I have. I understand eating healthy But, most everything is Organic. Which is much more expensive. I guess will get there? But, wondering how everyone else dealt with this??

Ossie-Sharon 9 years ago

Hi, Bev. I will definitely take a look at your menu and get back to you.

BevLight 9 years ago

Hi Thank you for your comment. I was shocked to see for breakfast every day I have an egg surely 7 eggs a week are excessive and monotonous? Also for dinner every night two slices of bread. This does not sound a very sensible or realistic first weeks menus for me I am disappointed, I was looking forward to a well planned healthy meals, that is not what I have got, please look at my menu and see if there is a mistake since surely chips mid morning Tuesday and Saturday can’t be good for me. I eat maybe 1-2 eggs and a G F Loaf a month. I joined because I agree eating regularly through the day does help keep our blood sugar in balance and help us to feel a lot better, so it sounded ideal for me. Bev

Ossie-Sharon 9 years ago

Hi, BevLight. This program and the recipes are indeed intended to support blood sugar balance in diabetes. What is it you’re seeking that didn’t see? I would be happy to help.
With regard to the videos, Customer Services can help you with that – you can reach them directly through the “Contact Us” link below.

Ossie-Sharon 9 years ago

Hi, marleykent. No worries – our entire program is based on the principles of diabetic-friendly nutrition, as well as metabolic support in middle-age.
To speak to the examples you gave, note that unless specified, we mean fresh currants (not dried or canned/frozen in sugar) – so each cup is only one fruit/carb exchange (15 grams of carbohydrates, even less available carbohydrates) – and the coconut water we recommend is just the pure fluid from coconut without any additives, which yields only 9 g total carbohydrates – with fiber, so actually it is less than 1/2 carb exchange (plus vitamins and minerals, including a whopping 600 mg of potassium); two 70-g veggie burgers together yield less than one 15-g exchange of available carbohydrates, and the serving of bulgur another exchange (pesto and olive oil together reach 2 fat exchanges).
Note that the intent of this program is to give you normal amounts of food to keep your metabolism up, meet your nutritional needs without processed shakes, and stave off hunger, while managing even blood sugar levels. If you have been on restrictive diets in the past and/or are used to less “whole” foods, this may look like a lot of food – but it is much less carb-dense and more nutrient dense.
Note that we also encourage at least some mild exercise, which is like medicine in diabetes, as well as plenty of water.
If you have any further questions, please do repost, and I will get back to you.

BevLight 9 years ago

Hi
I am thinking the same I have just got my recipes and thinking WHAT! are you joking
I joined so I could have support to get my blood sugar in balance and lose weight also increase my energy but worried this is not for me.
Did you also end up buying the extra videos that I did not want?
Bev

marleykent 9 years ago

These recipes and menus do not seem to be very diabetic friendly. A cup of currants for example. Coconut water is not any better for you than juice. I’m supposed to eat two veggie burgers and a serving of Bulgar wheat plus a tablespoon of Pesto and a teaspoon of olive oil, and something else, all at one time? Not sure I am on board with this program.

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.