Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
Ossie-Sharon 9 years ago

Hi, uniongal. Our entire program, menus, and recipes are based on diabetes support, so no worries. As for the foods to buy, a couple of things:
1. You can repeat meals and even whole days and weeks, if you wish.
2. You can use the Menu Planner application (in “Apps” above) to have menus built for you based on the food you want and based on minimal variety – just select that option in the bottom right corner of your profile.

uniongal 9 years ago

Sounds like they need menus for people with diabetes. I was wondering why diabets was not asked on the profile. I`m not happy with my menus.There is so food item to buy.

julie3760 9 years ago

Ok I’ve joined the group, and a couple more, where is the letter Deborah. Thanks

Support 9 years ago

Hi Julie, Here is the link to the group: https://www.trimdownclub.com/groups/talking-cooking-nanas/     🙂

julie3760 9 years ago

Where is the successful beginners group Deborah?

Deborahjjhayes 9 years ago

If you join the Successful Beginnings group, I give you a new member letter that is kind of like cliff notes for the program. It just helps you get started so you then can leter read everything for full understanding of the program and why it is so fantastic!! Good luck!

Support 9 years ago

Starting something new can be hard, and that’s why we’ve made it easy for you to absorb all of the wonderful information we have to offer. To get started on the Trim Down Club Program, follow the instructions below:

1. Go to https://www.trimdownclub.com
2. On the top right corner of the homepage click Login
3. Enter your username and password (You can also use your email address as your username. If you lost or forgot your password, click Login and then choose “lost password.” Follow the steps on the screen to reset your password)
4. After you login, click on “Follow 8 Week Plan”. This weekly guide will give you the tools and directions you need to start the program
5. Feel free to start by reading the brief Week 1 Introduction
6. Next, move on to the STARTING STEPS. To access the steps, simply click on START located underneath each STEP
7. To access your Weekly Meal Plan, simply click on the START button underneath Step 3.
8. As you progress in Week 1, gain some extra credit by checking out the Want to See More section. Here you will find the hottest information in the field of nutrition and health
9. Each week you will unlock new information as we guide you to get the body you deserve!

You’ve taken a huge step in the right direction, and the Trim Down Club Support Team and I are here to help you. Don’t hesitate to contact us, if we can be of any service.

julie3760 9 years ago

“New to this program but seriously!!!”
The title says it all to me. I joined a few days ago but have only just found the time to look into the trimdownclub and SERIOUSLY I’m going to lose weight as the amount of reading there is to do I don’t have time to go food shopping. Is there not a video I can watch while doing other things????

Ossie-Sharon 9 years ago

Hi, Sue. Click on “Exchange view” in the toolbar above your finished menu to see your allotted exchanges for the day, or on the arrow icon to the top right of each meal to see exchanges for a particular meal. In the latter, you can build each meal from scratch. Exchanges related to this list – https://www.trimdownclub.com/exchanges-lists.

suebrisland 9 years ago

I’ve been following the programme for five days. I have to agree that some of the food choices seem to be randomly selected. Is there a formula that sets out food combinations or lists what my total intake should be of each of the food groups?

Sue (Hereford)

buzycybill 9 years ago

you are welcome Kathy! Check out the successful Beginnings group and you will hear from a LOT of people who have been at this for a while with tremendous success!

Kathy212 9 years ago

Hi Busycybill, Thanks for the encouragement it made a big difference to know that someone had lost weight on the plan. Keep up the good work. Kathy212

Kathy212 9 years ago

Hi littlebiggar, I too found the first week impossible in fact I had a complete meltdown until I was told by Ossie that I could choose the food I like from the list provided, this has made a great difference to me, so I started again from Monday this week and have been able to stick to it really well. I weighed myself this morning (sat) and hadn`t lost anything but had stayed the same. I wasn`t put off by this as it had only been a few days and considering I ate badly last week and didn`t gain was good for me. So don`t be dispondent and keep at it, I am going to. Good luck.
Kathy212

Littlebiggar 9 years ago

This is my second day and I feel a little down. I don’t like eating all the snacks. I also eat more vegetables to fill up a little. I am determined bur VERY weak. Looking forward to the weigh in on Sunday. Hope I can keep it up.

Ossie-Sharon 9 years ago

Hi, Ruth and Kathy. If you have been on restrictive diets in the past, it may take your body a little while to adjust to eating normal amounts of food. This is an important process because systematically eating much too little (i.e., “half” of what you get here) can lock you into cycles of regaining lost weight. You don’t have to push yourself beyond being full to finish all the food on your menu here, but please do try not to cut back to levels of a “starvation diet”. It really is worth it to give your body time to get used to normal amounts of food again.
A reliable way to give your body a push is to make even minor changes in your physical activity. Try new exercises to wake up new muscles, and add some strength training – even just lifting full water bottles or food cans in front of the television. Getting moving is as good as medicine.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.