Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 50 total)
LynnM 11 years ago

Hi Violet, look up to the row of links at the top of the page (Home Apps Recipes etc.) and click on Apps In there you will find your links to Menu Planner, Journal and the last one on mine is Menu history. All your menus will be in there.

Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

In the near future, we will post the menu patterns so that along with the online guides (in “My Downloads” above), you can plan your days. However, before that it is best if you use the Menu Planner examples to see what sorts of foods are recommended to optimize your metabolism. You can of course use foods you like, but since so many out there are just not good for us, it is recommended that you explore options that might be a little better (again, use only the ones you find that you like).
Note that many of the options in the Menu Planner are broadly described – i.e. “cookie” or “cake”, and so therefore you can use whatever you want for that, including “sugar-free”. We do recommend natural options, and for you to look carefully at the ingredients to avoid too many undesirable additives.

Violet28 11 years ago

I am new to this, and I have no clue how to find the food menu after I have chosen the foods I like. Can someone help me with that. I did not see a phone number to call to get assistance.

I will forward your request to include more recipes in the Menu Planner.

darbyshire 11 years ago

Ossie,

Really excited to see what the tech developement team comes up with. I also have another question. When looking through the recipes I find quite a few I would like to try. How do I get them in my weekly menu? Only a few recipes seem to come up for a choice?

Norunyan 11 years ago

Ossie ,thanks for paying attention to those of us who want to know more.I will like seeing what the tech team comes up with.Seems most of us who are diabetic are fat,type 2 anyway,so we need to learn and this is sooo helpfull.

Hi, Pelkind. We are working on it – it is not a secrecy issue, we were just surprised by the interest and are contracting with a tech development team.

PELKIND 11 years ago

Ossie,
I see many comments about lack of info on the menu components and creation. Why are they not provided? Are you all concerned about
profit and value of service??? PDE

Hi, soulfulseeker2. There actually are not a lot of carbs on this program – they make up about 45% of total energy, which is Considered to be low, and the protein makes up over 25% which provides a lot more than the recommended daily amount.
Most popular diets are very extreme with the imbalance they provide between carbs and protein – those are not healthy, and they cannot be maintained long-term. The Trim Down Club program is intended to be a lifestyle, not a diet.

Donna29 11 years ago

Hi ther, I just joined yesterday- I am veryinterested in nutrition- always have been.. I found this site very interesting.. It wasn’t until I gothome that my boyfriend had a talk in his work (fitness centre) from nutrition experts… They highlighted that American research shows that our diet should consist of 15% protein, 35% fat and 55% carbs.. which totally conflicts all other diets I havebeen on.. I havent had a chance to look properly at the food plans to see if they correlate with this information- but from the looks of it- high carb would make sense.. In the longrun..Dont get me wrong, Im no expert and I am cynical in a way as all the books I have read have conflicting info.. But this advice apparently came from solid american research… So it will be interesting to see the outcome.. Ive been on high protein diet for ages and was working but of course then Christmas happened and I went on the usual binge and put loads weight back on.. Apparently the protein diet will work only if you do it all the time.. Its not meant to be effective in the long-run./. Im going to embrace this new way of eating now.. It cant hurt.. I think the recipes look great.. Never been on an online forum before so this is new to me.. Im beginning a 6 week fitness and nutrition regime tomorrow by an expert advisor.. So ill keep ye tuned if anyone is interested.. Im so tired of being on the slippery slope of diets and constantly reaching a great point and then sabotaging it! Its gotta stop.. Its exhausting!! good luck everybody with the new eating plan/./ Also hope the shopping bill isnt extortionate- some of the recipes have so many ingredients.. anyway. any feedback wud be appreciated..

Norunyan 11 years ago

This is how I feel too.I want to understand how the program sets up the menu for us.

soulfulseeker2 11 years ago

Ossie can you please answer this question I sent yesterday? I am confused as to why all the carbs and such small amounts of protein.
Thanks

My question is………why are there so many carbs on this diet. I have been on numerous diets and have never had so many carbs in my life. I understand the balance of carbs, proteins and fats, but this diet seems to have gone overboard on carbs. Can someone let me know if they feel the same way?

samb77 11 years ago

5 foods

samb77 11 years ago

I think part of the answer you are looking for can be found on topic 5 foods. the link to this is on FAQ`s at the bottom of the page.Hope that helps:-)

Linda 11 years ago

I would like a list of whole foods with their protein, carb and/or fat content so I can make my own meals when needed. Does anyone know where to get this information? I have been playing with the menu maker and only checking off whole foods no recipes or very little, to see what they come up with. That helps me figure out how much vegies to eat with meat etc. But this is time consuming. I agree I hoped for more learning on how to plan meals myself.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 50 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.