Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 50 total)
Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

Hi, dlenrich. The program will make the meal patterns available in the future so they can be used as a guide. To answer your immediate question, the snacks are generally designed to combine a carbohydrate with either a fat or protein to slow the blood sugar response and better sustain the feeling of fullness.

SavedbyGrace1950 11 years ago

I am 62 5″5″ tall 300LBs I would like to know my ratio of carbs, protein, and fat to help me make up my own meals.

dlenrich 11 years ago

I posted the following question a couple days ago under the topic “General Principle” and got no replies:

“Is the general idea to always combine a protein (like meat, legums or nuts), a simple carb (like a grain), and a complex carb (like fruits and veggies), and a fat (like butter or Olive Oil) in every mini-meal? If so, how does dairy fit in? But if not, is there a general combination rule to go by?”

But I think your topic is running in the same “vein” as mine. I would like my menu planner to be more informative of the actual principle of the combinations so that it truly CAN become a lifestyle, rather than an umbilical cord that I rely on from minute to minute. I want it to be teaching me to comprehensively change my thought process about food and “fuel”!

debbieb 11 years ago

I am assuming that since I have entered my personal information about height and weight that when I put in my menu selections the program is giving me the menu based on that information, as far as calories, right? It does seem like a lot of food, but I’ve only been on it a couple of days and am down almost 2 pounds.

Hi, mmwiese. The following is a recommended pattern for you, based on the information you provided:
Breakfast: 2 starches, 2 dairy/substitute proteins, 1 fat, 1 fruit
AM Snack: 1 starch, 2 dairy/substitute proteins, 1 fruit
Lunch: 2 starches, 3 proteins, 1 fat, 1-2 vegetables
PM Snack: 1 starch, 2 proteins, 1 vegetable, 0-1 sweet
Dinner: 2 starches, 2 proteins, 1 fat, 1 vegetable
Night Snack: 1 starch or sweet, 1 dairy/substitute protein

Hi, Doryss. When you click on “Recipes” above in the horizontal menu bar and enter the Recipes area, click on the submit button in the right upperhand area, then enter your recipe.

Doryssb 11 years ago

I know this question has been addressed before, but I can’t find it now…how do we submit a recipe for evaluation?

Thanks so much for your help 😉

mmwiese 11 years ago

Ossie, I would really appreciate it if you could also give me the “basic pattern” for the different meals and snacks,like you did for “Gramsdiet”. I am 45 yrs old,female, 1.68m tall, 85kgs.I want to loose at least 20kgs.I exercise 2-3 times a week for about 45 minutes to an hour. Your assistance is appreciated.

gramsdiet 11 years ago

Thank You for all the help… I feel much better about this plan~

Hi, GramsDiet. The basic pattern for you to START would be as follows (you can use the Menu Planner for examples of foods):
Breakfast: 2 starches, 3 dairy/substitute proteins, 2 fats, 1 fruit
Lunch: 2 starches, 3 proteins, 1 fat, 1 fruit, 1 vegetable
PM Snack: 1 starch, 2 proteins, 1 fat, 1 fruit, 1 vegetable
Dinner: 2 starches, 3 proteins, 1 fat, 1 vegetable, 1 fruit or sweet
Night Snack: 1 starch, 1 dairy/substitute protein, 1-2 sweets, 1 vegetable
As your weight goes down, you’ll want to gradually reduce these meals to your ultimate goal of the following:
Breakfast: 2 starches, 2 dairy/substitute proteins, 1-2 fats, 1 fruit
Lunch: 2 starches, 3 proteins, 1 fat, 1-2 vegetables
PM Snack: 1 starch, 2 proteins, 1 vegetable
Dinner: 2 starches, 2 proteins, 1 fat, 1 vegetable, 1 sweet
Night Snack: 1 starch, 1 dairy/substitute protein, 1 sweet or fruit

Hi, Bellina. The most reliable source of nutritional information is the USDA database at http://ndb.nal.usda.gov/ndb/search/list.
Your needs each day depend on a number of individual factors, including gender, age, height, weight, weight goals, and activity level, as well as past dieting history. If you wish to post this information, I can do some calculations. Keep in mind that this program does not deal with calories, but rather your overall nutrient needs.

gramsdiet 11 years ago

Thank You Ossie, Female 57 5’3 262 I would like to lose at least 100 – 125#
this would help tremendously!

Hi, GramsDiet. I don’t have an ETA on it, but if you want to list your gender, age, height, weight, weight goal (maintenance or loss),and activity level, I can give you a pattern here.

gramsdiet 11 years ago

Ossie, When is a more detailed plan(regarding- Protein, Carb & Fats) coming, I do not like the menu option. The most important thing in changing an eating life style is to know how to do it yourself & not have to rely on a generated menu. Unfortunately, I am very unhappy with this program & am planning on canceling, I would hang around if I knew a more workable plan is in the very near future. I think I only have 6 weeks to cancel for a refund, right?
(btw- I have posted & even sent a message on ‘contact us’ with no response.
so please reply

bellina 11 years ago

Hi all … can you please tell me from which site is best to use as calorie counter and also us woman till what calories can we have per day?

Thanks

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 50 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.