Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 50 total)
Brenda5811 11 years ago

i feel the same way, I thought that when i had a question I would get an answer that same day. But I have asked 2 questions and not received an answer yet. Of course one of the questions was asked today.

Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

Hi, SavedByGrace. We don’t yet have that feature, but it will be added!

SavedbyGrace1950 11 years ago

Ossie, is it possible to get a specific breakdown for meals & snacks (like 15g carbs; 15g protein; 7g fat) This would help tremendously in planning my own meals. I have not really started yet as I have not been to the grocery store yet. But I have printed out the menu plans to give me an idea but it would really help to have total carbs, protein and fat daily and by meal and snack.

kap50 11 years ago

Thank you so much, and I will keep you posted.

Hi, kap50. The Menu Plan will walk you through the process (be sure you input your height and weight in your profile first). Just check off the foods you like (as you have listed them here), and it will produce weekly menus based on this. Then you can take a look at them and decide if they need tweeking. If you would like guidance once you’ve completed that step, by all means re-post.

kap50 11 years ago

I looked into this and ‘signed’ up and have not used this at all. I would like to try now. I am 5’0, 165#, a good eater, lots of veggies, fruit, chicken, fish, light on the grains, but eat hummus. I need to know where to look to maybe re consider my menu plan to start. I walk for exercise daily now, had fallen away since August. Thank you for helping me out.

Hi, SavedByGrace1950. The ratios are similar for the snacks, though they are generally just proteins with carbs. If your triglycerides are high, then it is extra important for you to focus on proteins and do your best, little by little, to cut back on sweets. Instead of buying them, perhaps try some of the sweet Trim Down Club recipes, especially the ones with nut flours – freeze them and only take out one at a time so you don’t overdo anything at one sitting – and have them count as your carbs. Try sipping on something sweetened with xylitol or something else with no glycemic index.

SavedbyGrace1950 11 years ago

Ossie, Hi I am diabetic with very high triglycerides. I am not doing any exercise at this time due to foot and knee issues. I have tried Weight Watchers in the past and have lost some weight. I have done low-fat; South Beach; and counting calories. I seem to be stuck where I am. In 2002 I weighed 342 pounds and have dropped 42 pounds. Right now it seems harder and harder for me to lose weight. Partly due to medication and partly because I’m addicted to sweets (candy, cake, pie etc) But I want to learn to eat better balanced meals and not have to count calories or points. I do good for a while counting then I get tired of counting. Does the ratios you gave me hold true for the snacks also.

Hi, dlenrich. Just to clarify, we call simple carbohydrates alone or in combination with fats “sweets” (as in the candy to which you referred) or “refined” here to make the classification, because the program generally does not recommend using any other simple carbohydrates; when we indicate fats, we are talking about the “good” fats (omega-3, omega-9).

dlenrich 11 years ago

Thanks Ossie! That is the info I was looking for! But to further understand…when you say “carbohydrate”, does that refer to either complex or simple carbohydrates? When I think of combining a carbohydrate (simple) and a fat it equals…CANDY! That can’t be right! LOL! You know how they always say…”If it tastes good…spit it out!”

Norunyan 11 years ago

Ossie It has helped me a lot to read the posts you are sending everyone.I am not asking for a breakdown just now.I am trying to adjust and feel like I need to take my time and hope to stay with this from now on.

Hi, Amy. The following is your pattern:
Breakfast: 2 starches, 2 dairy/substitute proteins, 1 fat, 1 fruit
AM Snack: 1 starch, 2 dairy/substitute proteins, 1 fruit or vegetable
Lunch: 2 starches, 2 proteins, 1 fat, 1 vegetable
PM Snack: 1 starch or sweet, 1 protein, 1 fruit or vegetable
Dinner: 2 starches, 2 proteins, 1 fat, 1-2 vegetables
Night Snack: 1 starch or sweet, 1 protein
On days that you run, add 1 protein and 1 starch or fruit before and after your run (2 more of each per day).
Each starch is a slice of bread or 1/2 cup cooked/prepared grain or cereal; each dairy/substitute protein is 1 cup of milk, 6 oz of yogurt or 1 oz of cheese; each meat/substitute protein is 1 oz of meat/poultry/fish/seitan, etc.; each fat is 1 tsp oil or 1 Tbsp. salad dressing or sauce, or 2 Tbsp coconut milk; each fruit is a piece of fruit (except banana, which is half) or 1 cup of most fruits; each vegetable is a cup except for free vegetables (you will find a link to the list at the end of your menu from the Menu Planner).

Amyb3315 11 years ago

Hi Ossie 🙂 I too would like to know my diet pattern like you did for gramsdiet…if possible. I am 39yrs, 5’6″, 154 lbs. I am fairly active (run 3 miles 3 times a week). My goal is to get down to 140lbs. Thanks in advance for your time and effort 🙂

Hi, DebbieB. Yes, the program is giving you the menu based on your height and weight. It does indeed seem like a lot of food when compared to most diets out there, which are based on temporary “crash” systems. The Trim Down Club program is intended to be part of a long-term healthy lifestyle in which you don’t suffer from hunger or wild cravings.

Hi, SavedByGrace1950. The ratios are about 1 gram of fat to 1.5-2 grams of protein to 2.5-3 grams of carbohydrates. If you want something by food group, I will need a bit more information such as current physical activity level and dieting history (i.e. how many diets have you tried? Were they extreme or fad types of diets such as very low calorie? Did you lose and regain? When was the last time?).

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 50 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.