Whip up this simple and quick tofu salad with soy sauce, scallion and sesame oil to enjoy the benefits of the popular vegetarian protein.
Nutritional values per serving: Kcal: 471 - Proteins: 20g, Fat: 41g, Net Carbs: 8g
Click to get more Easy, Healthy Recipes
Preparation Time 15 minutes
Baking Time 0 minutes
Difficulty Rating 1
Health Level 4
- Spring onions (scallions), 1 green onion (12 g)
- Ginger Root, 3 slices (1" dia) (6 g)
- Lettuce, 8 large leaves (64 g)
- Sesame oil, 3 tablespoons (42 g)
- Peanut butter, 2 tablespoon (32 g)
- Soy sauce, 1 tablespoon (18 g)
- Rice vinegar, 1/3 tablespoon (5 g)
- Tofu, hard, 1/2 block (244 g)
- In a small bowl prepare a sauce combining vinegar, soy sauce, 1 ablespoon of peanut butter, 1 tablespoon of water and 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- Slice ginger and scallion, put a bit of scallion aside to garnish. Chop the tofu.
- In a pan, heat the remaining sesame oil then saute ginger and scallion.
- Add the tofu and cook it for 5 minutes. Add half of the sauce and stir to coat
- Add about 2 tablespoons of the tofu mixture on each lettuce leaf. Top with the remaining green onion and peanut sauce
Wasn't that delicious? Do you want more?