Kale and red jalapeño pepper are two superfoods that meld beautifully in this spicy, vegan-friendly side dish.
- 1 red or green jalapeño pepper, seeded and cut into ½-inch / 1-cm pieces
- 4 tsp. / 20 ml olive oil
- 4 cups / 270 g raw curly kale, stripped from the stalk and roughly chopped
- Salt or substitute, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup / 60 ml water
- In a large frying pan, heat the olive oil, then add the red jalapeño pepper and sauté for 1 minute. Season with ground black pepper and salt or substitute, if desired.
- Add the kale and sauté for 2 minutes, turning frequently.
- Add the water, cover, and steam for 3 minutes until the kale is tender.
Serving size:1 cup / 130 g
Exchanges per Serving: 0 Carb, 0 Protein, 1 Fat