Pan pizza takes on a whole new meaning with this too-easy-to-be true (but it is!) healthy take on a cross-cultural classic.
Click to get more Easy, Healthy Recipes
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 15-20 minutes
Difficulty Rating 1
Health Level 5
Ingredients Pizza Crust
- 1 cup / 120 g whole grain flour, regular or gluten-free
- 1 tsp. / 5 g baking powder, preferably aluminum-free
- ¼ tsp. / 1½ g salt
- ⅔ cup / 160 ml tepid water
- 2 tsp. / 8 g active yeast
- 1 tsp. / 4 g raw sugar
- 1 tsp. / 5 ml olive oil
Other Pizza Toppings*
- ¼ cup / 60 ml tomato paste, preferably no-added-sugar/salt
- 1 Tbsp. / 2½ g or more fresh basil leaves, chopped or 1 tsp. / 1 g or more dried
- 1 Tbsp. / 2 g or more fresh oregano, chopped or 1 tsp. / 1 g or more dried
- 1 clove or more fresh garlic, minced or 1 tsp. / 3 g or more dried, granulated or powdered
- 4 oz. / 120 g cheese, grated, dairy or vegan
- ½-1 cup / 120-240 g vegetables of choice
- Brush or mist olive oil on the bottom of a lidded non-stick or cast iron medium-sized (8-9 inch / 20-23 cm) skillet
- Mix dough ingredients together in a bowl until uniform.
- Spread dough mixture evenly onto oiled bottom of skillet.
- Blend together pizza sauce ingredients, and spread evenly over dough mixture in pan.
- Sprinkle desired toppings over dough and sauce.
- Cover skillet tightly, and cook over medium-low heat for 5 minutes.
- Remove skillet cover slightly so that it allows steam to escape, and cook for an additional 10-15 minutes; the additional 5 minutes will result in a thinner, crispier crust
Serve hot. Leftovers can be frozen and reheated. * For heavier protein-rich toppings, each 1 oz. / 30 g = 1 protein exchange. Serving size:
¼ pizza (about 4 ounces/115 g) Exchanges per Serving:
1½ Carb, 1 Protein, 1 Fat, 1 Veg
Wasn't that delicious? Do you want more?