Whether you're looking to upgrade your "fast food" at home, delight your family, or be the life of the party, this recipe will do all that AND be kind to your waistline. Can be made gluten-free and Paleo.
- 2 Tbsp. / 30 ml olive oil
- ⅓ cup / 80 ml (about 2 large) egg whites, preferably organic
- 1 Tbsp. / 15 ml prepared mustard
- 1 clove raw garlic, minced
- ½ cup / 45 g dry whole grain bread crumbs or ground nuts or seeds of choice
- 2 tsp. / 1 g dried basil
- 1 tsp. / 1 g paprika
- ¼ tsp. / ½ g ground black pepper
- 1 lb. / 454 g skinless chicken tenderloins (preferably organic pastured), in strips
- Preheat oven to 400°F / 200°C. Brush or mist baking sheet with 1 tablespoon/ 15 ml oil.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the egg whites, mustard, and garlic.
- In another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs or nut/seed meal, basil, paprika, and pepper.
- Dip chicken in egg mixture, then roll in crumbs/meal.
- Place coated chicken on prepared baking sheet, and brush or mist tops with remaining oil.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown and juices run clear.
Serving size: 3 ounces / 85 g
Exchanges per Serving: 3 Protein