Warm weather meal-in-one that can be a great non-dairy source of calcium and vitamin D.
Click to get more easy, healthy recipes
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 4 minutes
Difficulty Rating 2
- 4 cups /230 g iceberg or leaf lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup / 90 g raw or frozen broccoli, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup / 120 g edamame in pods, frozen
- ¼ cup / 30 g raw almonds, chopped or slivered
- 1 cup / 24 g mushrooms, sliced
- 4 eggs, preferably organic omega-3 or pastured, hard-boiled and diced
- 1 cup / 180 g white beans, cooked/canned and liquid reserved
- ½ cup / 120 mg organic pastured dairy or soy milk, unflavored/unsweetened
- 1 Tbsp / 15 ml vinegar
- 1 tsp / 5 ml olive oil
- ¼ cup / 60 ml plain yogurt, full-fat or vegan cultured
- ¼ cup / 15 g raw onion, minced
- ¼ cup / 4 g fresh parsley sprigs
- 2 Tbsp / 2 g chives, chopped
- 1 Tbsp / 1 g dill weed, chopped
- 1 tsp / 5 ml Worcestershire sauce (see our recipe here)
- ½ tsp / 1 g ground black pepper
- ½ tsp / 1 g ground mustard seed
- ½ tsp / 1 g paprika, preferably smoked
- In a 3-quart/liter glass serving bowl, combine edamame pods and mushrooms. Microwave covered for 4 minutes, until tender. Set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk together milk and vinegar, and set aside to curdle and thicken, about 5 minutes.
- In a separate medium-small mixing bowl, add bean water and beat with an electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- Add in oil and continue beating until mixture forms a thick drizzling ribbon.
- Fold in thickened milk, followed by yogurt, and then remaining dressing ingredients.
- Remove edamame beans from pods into same bowl, and discard pods.
- Add remaining salad ingredients to bowl, followed by prepared dressing. Toss well.
2 cups / 480 ml Exchanges per Serving:
1 Carb, 2 Protein, 1 Veg
Wasn't that delicious? Do you want more?