This recipe is on the savory and salty side of the palate, rather than the traditional characteristic sweetness you would expect from lemon muffins. This is a delicious wake-up goody to perk up your mornings, the perfect accompaniment to a cup of your favorite brew.
Click to get more Easy, Healthy Recipes
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 20 minutes
Difficulty Rating 1
- 1 cup / 230 g full-fat organic and/or grass-fed cottage cheese
- 1 cup / 114 g almond flour or meal (finely ground almonds)
- 1 cup / 120 g brown rice flour
- 1 tsp / 5 g baking powder, aluminum-free
- ½ tsp / 2½ g dried basil
- ½ tsp / 2½ g salt or substitute
- 1 tsp / 5 g baking soda
- ¼ cup / 60 ml lemon juice
- Zest from 1 lemon
- ¼ cup / 60 ml water
- Preheat your oven to 400°F / 200°C degrees.
- Spray a mini-muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, beat the cottage cheese with the ground almonds, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and basil.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the water and lemon juice with a sprinkling of salt.
- Combine the liquid mixture with the dry ingredients and lemon zest. Mix to blend well.
- Spoon the mixture into the mini-muffin, just over 2 tablespoons or 60 ml in each cup (each should be nearly full).
- Place the muffin pan over the center rack of the preheated oven. Bake for about 15 minutes.
- Transfer the muffin tray onto a cooling, rack and let stand for about 10 minutes before taking out the muffins to serve.
2 mini-muffins Exchanges per Serving: ¾
Carb, ⅔ Protein
Wasn't that delicious? Do you want more?