The popular and official winter celebrations drink! Without the alcohol the kids will enjoy it as much as the adults, so you can make one for the whole family!
- 4 cups / 960 ml organic almond or organic grass-fed or vegan milk
- 6 eggs, omega-3 or grass-fed eggs or
- ½ cup / 60 g organic fat-free egg substitute
- or 3 Tbsp. / 23 g tapioca starch plus ¾ cup water
- 1½ tsp. / 7½ ml organic canola oil mixed with 1½ tsp. / 5 g rice or tapioca starch
- 4 Tbsp. / 50 g xylitol
- 1½ tsp. / 7.5 ml vanilla extract
- ⅛ tsp. / 0.7 g nutmeg
- 1½ tsp. / 7½ ml rum extract (optional)
- In a large bowl, beat eggs or starch+water until foamy, thick, and smooth. Set aside.
- Add sweetener and combine until completely dissolved.
- In a different bowl, add the milk, nutmeg, and vanilla and rum extracts. Whisk quickly until foam froths on top.
- Pour into small pot or milk pan. Heat and stir constantly over medium high heat until liquid thickens a bit, but does not boil
- Temper the eggs/tapioca replacer by slowly adding the hot milk mixture into the bowl, whisking constantly. Pour the mixture back into the saucepan.
- Add the oil-starch mixture. Stir over medium high heat, stirring constantly for a few minutes until liquid thickens to desired consistency and flour and eggs/tapioca replacer have been cooked.
- Chill for 3 hours and serve. Dilute with milk as desired.
Serving Size: ½ cup
Exchanges per Serving: ½ Carb, ½ Protein, 0 Fat