Chocolatey and chewy, gluten-free and low-carb, Paleo-friendly and vegan-friendly—with all the health of hemp.
- ¼ cup / 60 ml steeped green tea, cooled to a warm temperature or:
- 1 tsp / 4 g matcha powder + ¼ cup / 60 ml warm water
- 2 Tbsp / 14 g whole flax seeds
- ¼ cup / 60 ml hemp or other milk (unsweetened)
- ¼ cup / 60 g ripe avocado, mashed
- ⅓ cup / 40 g raw pistachio nuts, finely ground to to a flour-like meal
- ½ cup / 50 g raw almonds, finely ground to to a flour-like meal
- ⅓ cup / 55 g hemp hearts (hulled seeds), ground to to a flour-like meal
- 1 cup / 200 g raw whole cane or coconut sugar
- 2 tsp / 10 ml vanilla extract
- ½ cup / 43 g unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ tsp / 2 g baking soda
- ½ tsp / 2 g baking powder
- 1 tsp / 5 ml olive oil
- ¼ cup /30 g sliced almonds, lightly toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°F / 180°C.
- Line an 8-in / 20-cm square baking pan with parchment paper, and brush or mist with olive oil.
- Grind whole flax seeds to a meal, and mix with warm water. Set aside for 5 minutes to gel.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flax gel mixture with ingredients 3-11, and beat or process in a food processor until uniform.
- Spread batter evenly into prepared pan. (If you have the time, refrigerate the unbaked batter in the pan for up to three days for the ultimate texture.)
- Sprinkle sliced almonds evenly over the top.
- Place on middle rack in preheated oven, and bake for 25 minutes (or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out nearly clean).
- Allow to cool before slicing into 16 2-in / 5-cm squares.
Can be frozen.
Serving size:1 2-in / 5-cm greenie (1/16 of recipe)
Exchanges per Serving:1 Carb, 1 Fat (= 1 Sweet)