An all-around tasty salad any time of the year.
Click to get more Easy, Healthy Recipes
Preparation Time 15 minutes
Cooking Time None or up to 2 hours if cooking beans
Difficulty Rating 1
Health Level 5
- 1¼ cups / 220 g red kidney beans, cooked or canned/drained
- 1¼ cups / 160 g green (string) beans, cooked or canned/drained, coarsely sliced
- 1¼ cups / 160 g yellow (wax) beans, cooked or canned/drained, coarsely sliced
- 1¼ cups / 220 g baby lima beans or chickpeas (garbanzo beans), cooked or canned/drained
- 1 medium red/purple onion, finely chopped
- ⅔ cup / 160 ml vinegar (recommended: apple cider vinegar)
- ¼ cup / 50 g raw sugar or:
- ½ tsp. / 1 g concentrated Stevia, monk fruit sweetener, or erythritol
- ¼ cup / 60 ml organic cold-pressed canola/rapeseed oil*
- 1 tsp. / 5 ml Worchestershire sauce, preferably without fructose syrup
- ½ Tbsp. / 1 g fresh oregano, chopped or:
* Olive oil is not advisable for this recipe unless it is "extra-light"
- Drain beans well.
- Alternate layers of mixed beans with onions in an air-tight container.
- Mix all ingredients for the dressing and stir well.
- Pour dressing over bean mixture, close container lid firmly, and refrigerate for 24 hours for best results, turn container over approximately every 6-8 hours stirring contents before serving.
Refrigerate or freeze when not in use. Serving size:
½ cup / 120 ml Exchanges per Serving:
½ Carb, ¼ Protein, ¾ Fat, 1 Veg.
Wasn't that delicious? Do you want more?