Spaghetti-spaghetti! Patty’s picanté Paleo pasta.
Click to get more Easy, Healthy Recipes
Preparation Time 30 minutes
Cooking Time 15-30 minutes
Difficulty Rating 1
Health Level 5
- 4 lb / 2 kg raw spaghetti squash or:
- 1 lb / 454 g lean ground turkey, preferably organic pastured
- 1 tsp. / 1¾ g ground cumin
- 2 Tbsp. / 30 g chipotle peppers in adobo, chopped (optional)
- 4 raw garlic cloves, minced or:
- 2 tsp. / 12 g garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. / 1 g fresh oregano, chopped or:
- 1 tsp. / 1 g dried oregano
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- ½ small onion, chopped
- ¼ cup / 4 g fresh cilantro/coriander leaves, chopped
- Juice from ½ lime (about 1½ Tbsp. / 22 ml)
- ¼ tsp / 1½ g salt, preferably Himalayan, Celtic, or Aztec kosher-type salt (optional)
- ½ tsp / 1 g ground black pepper
- 1 cup (8 ounces) / 240 ml Greek yogurt, preferably organic pastured
- 1 cup / 120 g low-fat Mexican cheese (queso fresco), grated
- Preheat oven to 350°F / 180°C.
- If you don't already have squash-spaghetti ready, cut open the raw squash lengthwise, and steam or roast until tender, about 1 hour; when ready, remove 5 cups / 1¼ liters of strands with a fork, and set aside while preparing the rest of the recipe. If you wish, save the squash shell for serving.
- In a medium lidded non-stick saucepan, brown the turkey for about 5 minutes. Drain and return to pan.
- Add the cumin, chili, garlic, and oregano; stir well, cover, and reduce heat to low. Simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle salt and black pepper over the squash strands, and place in a 12-inch / 30-cm casserole dish or the emptied squash shells.
- Pour the turkey-tomato (chili) mixture over the squash. Sprinkle with ½ cup / 60 g of shredded cheese.
- Spoon the yogurt over the chili, and sprinkle with remaining ½ cup / 60 g of shredded cheese.
- Bake 30 minutes or until heated through.
This is a healthy and satisfying dish. Serving size:
2 cups / 480 mg Exchanges per Serving:
½ Carb, 2½ Protein, 1 Veg
Wasn't that delicious? Do you want more?