Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 75 total)
soozannah 6 years ago

I was wondering where it says to use SWG gluten-free flour, can almond or coconut flour be used?

Ossie-Sharon 7 years ago

Welcome, Hellen 🙂 A cup is 240 ml.

hellenfair 7 years ago

Hi there. I am new here. Please advise what a cup is. I have been using my coffee mug and seems like a lot

Ossie-Sharon 7 years ago

Hi, jilmarc. The weights for animal products and vegetables in the menus are before cooking, and the grain products are after.

jilmarc 7 years ago

Question about weighing food.
I’ve been following the menus for a few weeks and I recently noticed that when I weigh my meats they are less weight after cooked. For example, yesterday I was allowed two oz of bacon for breakfast, which weighed less after i cooked it.
When do I weigh my meat? Before of after cooking?

Ossie-Sharon 7 years ago

Hi, Elizabeth. The system is set up to support you during maintenance as well, so it’s your choice how long to use the menus. You can indeed use the recipes for a freer choice, at any stage. Note that each Trim Down Club recipe (not necessarily those submitted by Clubmembers) have exchanges listed at the end, which you can compre to those allotted to you at each meal (you can see these by clicking on “Exchange mode” in the toolbar above any of your menus).

elizabeth-wood 7 years ago

am also a new member was wondering how long should I stay with my weekly structured menu ,until I reach my goal weight? do I use the recipes for a freer choice or to maintain my weight when I get to it am kinda confused!! could do with some guidance .cheers

Ossie-Sharon 7 years ago

Hi, Deborah. If it’s too much, don’t fight it. It’s better that you stay in tune with your hunger and satiety signals. If you wish to cut back, it’s usually best to start with the starchy carbs, and make sure each day to get at least 5 total fruit/vegetable servings and 3 calcium-rich food/beverage servings. Also be sure not to cut back so much that it becomes like a semi-starvation diet, or you get too hungry at night.

Deborahjcrone 7 years ago

Thanks again ossie Sharon. Soooo much food. LoL. I’m really having a hard time fitting the snacks in. I’m never hungray except at breakfast. I’m making myself eat even thou I’m not hungray

Ossie-Sharon 7 years ago

Hi, Deborah. It was calculated according to your current weight. No worries.

Hi Issue Sharon could you take a look at my profile again and calculate everything I had my goal weight wrong and just realized it thank you in advance and thank you for replying earlier so fast

Ossie-Sharon 7 years ago

Hi, Deborah and welcome. We indeed don’t work with calories, but we do have information on macronutrients (carbohydrates, proteins, and fats). You can see how many “exchanges” are allotted to you per meal and day by clicking on “Exchange mode” in the toolbar above any of your menus. The nutritional values are as follows:
1 carb exchange = 15 grams of carbohydrates + up to 3 grams of protein
1 protein exchange = 7 grams of protein + up to 5 grams of fat
1 fat exchange = 5 grams of fat
1 fruit exchange = 15 grams of carbohydrates
1 vegetable exchange = 5 grams of carbohydrates + up to 2 grams of protein
1 sweet exchange = up to 15 grams of carbohydrates + up to 5 grams of fat
1 free exchange = up to 5 grams of carbohydrates or up to 2 grams of protein or fat

So in your particular case, based on the information provided in your profile, each day you get about 225 grams of carbohydrate, 95 grams of protein, and 80 grams of fat each day.

I’m a new member so still learning I’m puzzled because nowhere says anything in regards to your calorie intake I am on not looking in the right place Or when you do the menus up for me do you just not count calories I’m a little confused

Ossie-Sharon 7 years ago

Hi, Samiioreally, and welcome! I encourage you to use our shopping guide for some direction – https://www.trimdownclub.com/where-to-buy-uk.
As for cooking, there are some tips in our main Program Guide (see in the “Downloads” area, link at the top right of each site page). You can also simplify by choosing recipes with “classic,” “basic,” and “simple” in the name. If you want to select foods with which you are more comfortable in general, you can try the personal version of the Menu Planner application (the right-most option here – https://www.trimdownclub.com/menu-planner). Cheers.

Samiioreally 7 years ago

where do I buy these sort of ingrediants from and im a rubbish cook is there any propa support on here

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 75 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.