Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 75 total)
TTDREA 4 years ago

Hi Everyone… My Name is TTDREA and I’m new here. Looking forward to this journey of a healthy lifestyle that will make me run towards it…

Ossie-Sharon 4 years ago

Hi, Sandals41, and welcome! We wish you much health and success here, and are happy to help however we can. 🙂

Sandals41 4 years ago

Hi, this is my first day committing to a 60-day challenge. I’m going to follow a low-carb diet and include daily exercises to eventually reach my goal losing at least 15 lbs by then!

Ossie-Sharon 4 years ago

Hi, Vicky7300, and welcome! The best advice I can give is to ease into things, and make small changes that add up and become second nature. Keep in mind that slower weight loss is more likely to be permanent, especially if it involves comfortable lifestyle changes rather than suffering!

Vicky7300 4 years ago

Hello just joined today. Any tips on how to maintain this diet?

Ossie-Sharon 4 years ago

Hi, Bullylover, and welcome! If you have any nutrition-related questions, you can post on any of these forums, and I will get back to you. We wish you much success here!!

Bullylover 4 years ago

Just signed up today …

Ossie-Sharon 4 years ago

Hi, Maryella, and welcome! We wish you success here, and are happy to help however we can. Remember: just ease into things, and the small changes will add up gradually and become second nature; don’t overfret the backslides, as they are part of the process.

maryella 4 years ago

I’m just starting today! Please encourage me, I often fall off the wagon ?

Ossie-Sharon 4 years ago

Hi, phoff71. the foods in our lists are actually collected from around the world and available in the US at health-oriented stores like Whole Foods Market and Trader Joe’s, and some big box stores like CostCo, Target, and Walmart. The less known ones were selected because they are less mass-produced and therefore relatively unmanipulated and more nutritious and supportive of health and healthy weight management.
You can read up on many of these ingredients in our searchable “Tips and Tricks” articles (link in the toolbar near the top of this page), and find them at health-oriented stores like Whole Foods Market and Trader Joe’s, and big box stores like CostCo, Target, and WalMart, as well as online, including through Amazon (see our shopping guide here: https://www.trimdownclub.com/shopping-links-for-healthy-foods).
You don’t have to worry about using unfamiliar foods, breaking the bank, and/or jumping in head-first. Ease into things gradually, and let small changes add up.
If you have any questions or additional concerns, please do repost somewhere on this site (check out our Forums – I participate in those, and you may find what you’re seeking).

phoff71 4 years ago

I just joined last night. Some of the recipes look wonderful and easy BUT some of them like the muffins take WAY TOO MANY strange and most likely expensive ingredients that just aren’t on grocery store shelves. Are there any alternatives?

Ossie-Sharon 4 years ago

Hi, DeborahJCrone, and welcome! We indeed don’t work with calories here, but rather when meeting your nutritional needs. Your menu patterns are calculated according to nutrients.

CarolynM.Gaffney 4 years ago

I just signed up and starting. Not real comfortable with getting the information I need via computer. I wish there was a book I could look at. I am not tech savvy at all. Any hints would be helpful.

lesjarokeeburmese 5 years ago

Hi I am going to start this diet plan o Monday – have to do it and hope it works as I have been 2 years on Steroids and gained about 2 and half stones in weight and I have bad knees bone on bone – so really can not walk far – so I am doing Hydro Therapy and chair works outs on UTUBE.
Please inspire me with all your success storys Lesley

Ossie-Sharon 5 years ago

Hi, dcelbert. Click on the “Exchange mode” icon in the toolbar above your menu to see the exchanges for each meal and the entire day. They translate to the following approximate values:
1 carbohydrate exchange = 15 grams of carbohydrates + up to 3 grams of protein
1 protein exchange = 7 grams of protein + up to 5 grams of fat
1 fat exchange = 5 grams of fat
1 fruit exchange = 15 grams of carbohydrates
1 vegetable exchange = 5 grams of carbohydrates + up to 2 grams of protein
1 sweet exchange = up to 15 grams of carbohydrates + up to 5 grams of fat
1 free exchange = up to 5 grams of carbohydrates or up to 2 grams of protein or fat

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 75 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.