Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 75 total)
cubsfan1961 5 years ago

What about weekends and traveling? We are having a father’s day get together with the kids this weekend, going to Dallas in a couple of weeks and then 2 weeks later to Chicago. You can’t eat what is on my menu while you’re traveling. I do pretty good during the week and may lose a lb or two but then come the weekends we are doing things and going out to eat and then come Monday I’ve gained it all back. I try to do plant based most of the time, but sweets are my downfall. I’m 56, going through menopause and really having a hard time losing any weight to speak of. I had been walking every morning for 3 months and never lost an inch in my legs or lost any weight, so I quit for awhile. All I lost was sleep getting up so early. Makes me very depressed. I hope this helps, but I’m not betting the ranch on it.

Ossie-Sharon 6 years ago

Hi, LaHoff. Everyone loses at their own pace, but the average is about 6 lbs per month. The loss is rarely steady though – it can be nothing for a while, then 10 lbs, then stability, etc. There really is a wide range of responses, depending on past diet history, physical activity, amount of weigh tot lose, and of course, genetics. Keep in mind that the nature of this program means that even without the numbers on the scale always changing, you will be getting healthier.
Regarding your menus, yes, they will gradually get lighter as you lose certain amounts of weight.

LaHoff 6 years ago

I am new to this. Excited to see where I am weight wise in a few weeks. I am wondering how much wight loss can be expected with the menus that have been generated for me? Also wondering if as I lose weight are the menus/macros adjusted automatically to continue weight loss?

Ossie-Sharon 6 years ago

Hi, KathyBruce. Half-&-half is absolutely fine – we do recommend to stay away from the fat-free/skim type, though. Up to 2 tablespoons (60 ml) is a “fat” exchange – any less is “free.”

kathybruce@bex.net 6 years ago

I thought I posted a question here yesterday but can’t find it. 🙁 Can I use 1/2 and 1/2 cream in my coffee? I only have one cup in the morning. Please advise.

patriciafields51 6 years ago

I just started the program today. In looking at the menu plans and list of meats (protein) as well as the allowable fats such as olive oil, I am concerned that I will not be able to find or afford the products. For example, meat that is pastured, oils and seasonings that are recommended in many of the recipes. I cannot access or afford to shop in speciality health stores.Are there other options for me?

Ossie-Sharon 6 years ago

Hi, doingme, and welcome! You may find support from other Clubmembers in the Group Forums – the most acive is “Scuccessful Beginnings.” If you have specific nutrition/fitness questions or concerns, you can post here and I would be happy to help however I can.

doingme 6 years ago

hey, im new to this and i need all the help i can get

Ossie-Sharon 6 years ago

Hi, Stashan. The weights for animal products and vegetables in the menus are before cooking, and the grain products are after.

Ossie-Sharon 6 years ago

Hi, Bendog. This whole program is exactly about that! Eat minimally processed, natural foods in balanced meals, and be sure to exercise. Try our 8-week starter program to get access to videos for workout ideas.

Stashan 6 years ago

Would like to see answer to question about weighing meats also..please..

Bendog1966 6 years ago

Best way to get rid of my apple shape belly please help me

Ossie-Sharon 6 years ago

Hi, Bendog, and welcome. I am happy to help – what are your questions or concerns?

Bendog1966 6 years ago

I am new here and need lots of help

Ossie-Sharon 6 years ago

Hi, soozannah. You can try, but keep in mind that a combination might be necessary, and in a certain ratio depending on the recipe. If you have something specific in mind, you are welcome to post it here, and I will help you.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 75 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.