Viewing 13 posts - 46 through 58 (of 58 total)
Dorrie 11 years ago

I agree. I have found w a lot of these things I try that they dont consider the expense of the lifestyle change when they come up w it. I of course know that buying whole foods will cost me some more but really there has to be a more income concious way of doing this. I just wish they would consider that when compiling these recipes.

LisaRish 11 years ago

Oh, I know, healthy foods are often expensive. 🙁 But I think this is a general rule – whenever I went on a special diet and ate healthier in the past, my wallet thinned down along with me. Lol. 😛
However, it was usually worth it… Maybe it would be good if we could have a cheaper-but-still-healthy alternative for some of the foods, though.

Dorrie 11 years ago

was also wondering what SWG was so now I know…I filled out the stuff for the menu planner and was very disappointed w the result…though i want to eat healthy most of this stuff is not feasable w my income. I am feeling as this was a large waste of money for me.

Annie 11 years ago

I too have never heard of SWG bread and cereals. I love to eat a bowl of cereal every morning with skim milk. Do you have any suggestions for a ‘flake” type cereal? Not into porridge or oatmeal consistancy.

Jean Ann Dimick 11 years ago

Thank you. Now, where can I find quinoa flour

Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

We are currently working on adding number of servings to the recipes, along with the serving sizes. In the meantime, most of these recipes serve 4, and serving sizes are about 1 cup or 4 ounces of a protein source.

Jean Ann Dimick 11 years ago

I am new to “Trim Down Club”. Going through the menues it seems like there are many foods I have not heard of before… like spelt and quinoa flour. Your recipes do not give how many people can be served… I do not want to cook two meals…one for me and one for my husband.

SWG flour is available to the public, but is “made to order” because of it’s delicate nature. A source is http://www.organicsproutedflour.net/.
Best of luck!

Carla 11 years ago

I am now also curious to try it, especially if it’s supposed to be tastier. I will look for it next time I go shopping. Is there also any SWG flour one could buy and make bread at home, or is SWG bread only being prepared by bakers?

gtpd33 11 years ago

Thanks. I was going through the various booklets and found out for myself what it means………..I don’t think I have ever tried the SWG bread, I am marginal with 100% whole wheat, but I certainly will try it!

Yes, “SWG” means “sprouted whole grains”. These products are usually organic, and always the healthiest option in terms of digestion and general benefits. Unless you need a low-residue diet (very, very rare in otherwise healthy people), this switch can only improve your diet. 🙂 Ironically, these breads tend to be softer and tastier than most whole grain breads.

Frank 11 years ago

I think it is “Sprouted Whole Grains”. This is a special kind of organic bread… To be honest, so far I’ve been replacing it with other kinds of healthier breads but also tried to eat as little bread as possible. I’m not sure if the switch will affect my diet in a bad way.

gtpd33 11 years ago

What is SWG before the breads?

Viewing 13 posts - 46 through 58 (of 58 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.