Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 58 total)
Cyndy 11 years ago

Uhm! That’s exactly what I’ll do. I don’t know why I didn’t think of that. I love to toast raw nuts for salads, veggies, etc. Thanks.

Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

If you have a food processor or even a mini-chopper, just get some almonds (the same amount as the flour needed) and grind them to flour yourself – blanched, skinless almonds yield the smoothest results, but that isn’t critical.
The advantage there is that if you want, you can toast the almonds before grinding them to a flour, and that brings the classic brownie flavor to a whole new level.

Cyndy 11 years ago

I’m having trouble finding almond flour for the brownie recipe in the cookbook. I’m told Trader Joes carries it but they never have it. I looked in Whole Foods and didn’t see it there but I didn’t ask if they carry it. Has anyone seen it and/or is there a substitute flour I can use in the recipe?

burner 11 years ago

Feel a bit dumb! My question has already been answered.

burner 11 years ago

What is SWG??????? Never heard that abbreviation before. Suppose it has something to do with gluten?

SWG products are available at Whole Foods and Trader Joes stores, and breads are often sold in regular supermarkets.

MPsGAL 11 years ago

Where is the best place to find swg breads and cereals? I live in Georgia and i havent found it yet. Are there any substitutions that would be acceptable?

Nicole 11 years ago

I found SWG rolls and bread in the frozen organic section at my local Giant

“SWG” means “sprouted whole grain”

Jane M.Floege 11 years ago

I forget what swg means.Please tell me.
Jane Vjmf@Aol.com

It is well worth finding these new foods and exciting ways to prepare them. It is amazing how much better you can feel with them. It may take some patience to find the best recipe for you personally, but so worth it.
If you hit any snags, please do ask any and all questions, and we would be very happy to help.

Adnil1212 11 years ago

Glad I am not the only one trying to figure out these foods.

Excellent! Bon appetit 🙂

pattykeogh 11 years ago

The bread says the same, 100% whole grain, thank you!

pattykeogh 11 years ago

Thank you, the pasta says whole wheat, whole grain, and the only ingredient says, 100% Durum whole wheat flour. 1 g fat, 41g Carb, 9 g protein, 6g fiber. Its by Hodgson Mill

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 58 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.