Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 58 total)
Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

The “100% duram wheat flour” may just mean that of the wheat, it’s all duram – however, it probably does not mean that it is whole wheat; I suggest to find a product that states “100% whole grain/wheat,” in that order of words.
Higher sugars due to more raisins is just fine – good for you for noticing. But again, be sure to look for “100% whole grain”.

pattykeogh 11 years ago

I have two food questions:
I found 100% duram wheat flour pasta, is this an appropriate choice for a carb.?
I also found SWG cinnamon/raisin bread, which tastes wonderful and the only difference I can see is more “sugars” due to the raisins, is this an appropriate choice as well?

TrimDownClub 11 years ago

“Fiber One cereal (the original), with my almond milk (unsweetened is my favorite!), with an egg” is a great breakfast. Yes, Whole Foods is likely to carry all of those items.

Moops 11 years ago

Trader Joe’s and Whole Foods! Thanks! I wrote my email before I read the above messages.

Moops 11 years ago

I’m just starting, and I am Thoroughly confused! Can I still eat Fiber One cereal (the original), with my almond milk (unsweetened is my favorite!), with an egg for breakfast? And I don’t know where I can find SWG products. I know my grocery stores (Giant Eagle and Heinens) don’t carry breads/cereals that are made with SWG. Would Whole Foods carry some of these products? My budget for food per month is between 250-300 for 2 people. HELP!

100% whole wheat or other 100% whole grain is just fine – but do be sure it says “100%” and that there are none of the less desirable additives such as sugar.

maryjane 11 years ago

What other kinds of bread can I eat besides the SWG? Our store does not carry this type of bread. Is 100% whole wheat okay or rye bread?????

SWG breads are generally found in most large and health-oriented grocery stores (i.e. Whole Foods, Trader Joes), and SWG tortillas are generally found in the latter.

Sunrisedoc 11 years ago

I am new to this and would like to know where can you get SWG breads and tortillas?

Carla 11 years ago

Oh yes, and I’m particularly keen on trying out the spinach soup. I also love finding out about simple and healthy and TASTY snacks and desserts, and this seems a good place to find them.

beafrmfla 11 years ago

I’m new to this whole diet plan but I know that alot of these foods can be found in Health food stores. Yes, they are a bit higher in price but you can , like other stores, find deals and specials.

Quinoa flour is available from the following sources:
http://nuts.com/cookingbaking/grains/quinoa/flour.html?gclid=CMzjkbeD1bECFWYbQgodEToAJA
http://www.edenfoods.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=22_37&products_id=106900&ref_src=google&ref_id=quinoa&gclid=CKym2taD1bECFQQaQgodsAsAcQ

http://www.purcellmountainfarms.com/organic%20quinoa%20flour.htm

It is more than a little frustrating to dietitians and well-meaning dieters alike how much healthy food can be more expensive than the processed stuff. That’s why places like Whole Foods that sell in bulk (without fancy, expensive packaging) are so great. Regarding spelt, there are great products made with spelt – not just the whole grain that can be cooked like rice, but also bread, pasta, cookies, crackers, etc.

Dorrie 11 years ago

ok figured out that Spelt is a grain….they should explain these things a bit better. And some of the breakfast recipes they have on here are sounding good and actually affordable.

Dorrie 11 years ago

and what in the world is SPELT??

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 58 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.