Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

Hi, Mohammad. Happy to help. The following are answers to your questions here:
1. For all rice, quinoa, spelt, millet, pasta, etc., 1 cup COOKED in the menus
2. Re the free vegetables – yes, it is it allowed to eat from them as much as you want for the entire day any time in the day

younismo 11 years ago

Also, for the free vegetables list on this link: https://www.trimdownclub.com/free-vegetables; is it allowed to eat from them as much as you want for the entire day any time in the day? because I read this written at the bottom of the menu:
“Click Here for a list of fresh vegetables that are loaded with nutrients and can be eaten as much as you like.”

Thank you.

younismo 11 years ago

Thank you Ossie. I have 2 questions:

1. For the Brown or Wild Rice that says 1 cup, is it 1cup before it has been cooked or 1 cup after it has been cooked.
2. Also for the Brown Rice PASTA, is it 1 cup before it has been cooked or after it has been cooked?

Thank you.

Hi, Mohammad. SWG products can be ordered online, but in them meantime, 100% whole grain products are fine, too.
Regarding salad – 1 cup is considered a typical serving, but if it is mostly lettuces, you can eat as much as you want. If the dressing is more than lemon juice or vinegar, then it is suggested to be 1 Tbsp. per cup – less if you can do it.
Regarding coffee – it depends how much you drink throughout the day. If it is several cups, the cream and sugar can really add up and do a bit of sabotage. If you can’t reduce the cups to 1-2 per day, we would suggest to gradually wean yourself to different whiteners (i.e. rice or almond milk) and sweeteners (i.e., xylitol, monkfruit, or Stevia) – be patient, mix with the old stuff for a while, but your tastes can change.
As for alcohol, it can also add up – it is based on surgar, but the body also processes it like fat. Again, see if you can limit it to 1 drink per day (1.5 oz), and definitely go easy on the sweet additives.

younismo 11 years ago

Hello,

I can’t find SWG bread or cereals, (Sprouted Whole Grains), what is a good substitute for that?

Thank you.

younismo 11 years ago

I have 3 questions:

1. for the Vegetable Salad on this link:https://www.trimdownclub.com/recipe/vegetable-salad-with-dressing. Does each person eat 4 cups of chopped vegetables or 1 cup?

2. Can I drink coffee with sugar and cream during the day? How much?

3. Can a person drink alcohol such as Vodka? How much?

The cookbook is continuously being upgraded. Stay tuned…

beachlover 11 years ago

Have looked through the cookbook recipes and not found any for beef, yet this is one of the foods you can check for the dinner menus when you build a weekly menu.

See above under “Downloads” for all of the guides and truly useful information regarding the diet and the nutritional principles behind it. If you have any further questions, we would be happy to help.

Jimslindalou 11 years ago

I have not “Started” yet because I am making out groc. list etc. and checking it all out. Is there SOMEPLACE that explains the diet? Gives us a way to plan our own meals using the same food groups etc? I don’t understand two different meats (chicken and fish) in the same meal……there are no explanations or “rules” to go by……do we have to eat exactly what is listed for us? No we sub? If so how and in what amount is each food eatten in each meal? Daily? I agree with Jaylo, it sounds expensive, way too much food and come on, RAW? Please, somebody explain this diet….PLEASE!

Alcohol is not included in the diet per se, but we understand that many people like to drink. Keep in mind that the body processes alcohol a bit like fat, a bit like carbohydrates, especially carbohydrate-rich beer. Each regular can would equal 1 carb and 1 fat exchange. We would still encourage minimal intake, as explained in our guides. If you are used to a lot, try cutting back gradually.

Regarding mixing main courses (example given, fish and poultry): yes, you absolutely can choose one for the whole amount. Same for starches, unless you are a vegetarian. We also encourage variety for vegetables.

To all asking about the many items at each meal: It is intended for you to eat all, because the goal is to have adequate nutrition, and minimal hunger. If it is too much at once: as long as you include protein sources in your breakfast, you can push “extra” items to later meals, particularly the “between” meals – however, do be careful not to push too much toward the evening/night, unless you plan a night workout.

Rojosheba 11 years ago

I just started today and I’m having a problem with all the food on my breakfast menu, it’s lunch time and i’m still trying to eat my breakfast. Am i doing something wrong, was i supose to pick just 1 or 2 things from the breakfast menu.

carlottar 11 years ago

Did not see a response to the question about the amount of food for each meal. If we have 2 of the 3 snack items, will it hurt of to leave out the raw granola? Or If there are 5 breakfast items and I eat 4, will it be okay?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.