Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
rosa 11 years ago

I have a question regarding the amt of food per meal. I never eat so much food especially for breakfast. Do we need to eat all of it for the diet to work. Plus, it’s kind of odd to eat a fish and poultry protein in the same meal. Instead can we make it all fish or poultry? Also, I notice that if we don’t pick a meal option, the menu simply says to have ex. a 1/2 c. of barley-but can we add oil or a dressing, etc.. Thanks for your help.

pullygirl 11 years ago

I just joined this site and I have a question in regards to the amounts of foods per meal…especially the amount at breakfast. For instance:
•1 serving of Vegetable Salad with Dressing
•1 1/2 cups of Oatmeal (Cooked with Milk)
•1/2 ounce of Almonds
•1/4 cup of Cottage Cheese (Raw), 2%
•1 Egg (omega-3)
•1 cup of Blackberry
If I ate the same food groups and cut the portions down in size, will I still benefit with this meal plan? The amount of foods seems so much and I am not a big eater for the most part. Thank you for any help in advance.

wendy 11 years ago

I am a brand new member and am looking forward to positive results. I Enjoy a Beer at the end of the day. Does this diet include any alcohol?

Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

Jemaime, excellent questions. Tracking your eating by recording foods, amounts, and moods when eating is a standard adjunct technique for effective weight loss. It increases your awareness, which is the first step to solving any problem, serves as a reality check if you find you are not losing weight the way you would expect, and keeps you on track for ensuring adequate nutrition while you are trying to lose weight.
As for recording your weight – we actually do not recommend you do it every day, but rather once a week. Many people find that following a pattern of change motivates them when the weight comes down, and helps redirect them to change their eating/exercise when their weight stops decreasing or goes back up.

jemaime 11 years ago

Hi, I would like to know something about the plan in general. Why would i need a place to write all the food i eat a day? Why would i need a place to write my weight every day? Why do I need this website? This question is not­ “mean“it’s serious. How do YOU use this website to loose weight, beside reading and writing everything down. Thank you, Brigitte

Sharen 11 years ago

Thank you once again. I will check more into the protein and mix of carbs. It’s still a tad confusing to me, for some reason I’m having a hard time wrapping my head around eating more carbs and less protein.
Thank you.
Sharen

If that is the pattern your received according to your weight and weight goal, then yes for the most part – though I would suggest to add another ounce of protein to your lunch.

Sharen 11 years ago

Hi Ossie: Just one more question; If am I’m understanding the theory of protein/carbs, here are three meal examples that I would prepare:

Breakfast: 2 eggs scrambled w/cheese (protein)
2 SWG slices of toast (fast carbs)
1 orange (slow carbs)
Lunch: 2 sl of SWG bread (fast carbs)
1 oz chicken/turkey (protein)
1 fruit or 1/2 cup veggies (slow carbs)
Dinner: 2 oz protein
medium baked potato
1 fruit or 1/2 cup veggie
So, that is my understanding, I hope I am correct.
Thanks again.
Sharen

cstroll1230: Yes, you can substitute items on the menu with items in the same food group (protein for protein, etc.), or even switch items around from those in other meals – just be sure to include plenty of protein in the morning and go esay on portions in the evening unless you have late-night workouts or your job is on the night shift.

Hi, Sharen. Many qucik weight loss plans emphasize proteins over carbs – that may be OK long-term for some diabetics, but for most, this is not healthy, and fat needs carbs to burn properly. Without enough carbs, the body poisons itself a little and that’s how the weight comes off – but it’s usually temporary weight loss. A proper “physiological” balance will help with healthy, long-term weight balance.

Sharen 11 years ago

Ossie: Thank you so much for replying to my question re protein to
carb ratio. I had the opposite in my head, i.e. eating more protein and less carbs.
Sharen
again.

cstroll1230 11 years ago

What if you cant everything on each meal and can you substitute items on your menu?

You can ask questions here. “SWG” means “sprouted whole grain”. You can find these products in health-oriented supermarkets such as Whole Foods, Trader Joes, New Leaf, etc. You can also find them online.

Elaine 11 years ago

Where do I ask questions? I want to know what SWG stands for and where I find these products?

The average ratio per meal is just under 2.5 gm of carbohydrate to 1 gm protein.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.