Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 88 total)
bubblegum5 8 years ago

Hi there I joined this programme to learn about food combinations, not sure if I’m using things right or not but I’m unable to find any information on this, food combinations appeared in the video to be how this plan works, so where can I find this information

leeannwiernusz 8 years ago

I just joined TDC yesterday. I put together a menu and was surprised as to how many breads are included through the week. Always thought breads were a no-no because they turned to sugar in your system. I know these are whole grains and I will be pleasantly surprised if I have good results since I like breads. Any input on this? Also, I was wondering how I could incorporate regular type family meals into my menu. Not sure my husband will take to these menus.

slowmover54 8 years ago

Just joined this morning, but not sure this is for me…This is a lot of carbs for me. Also I have a lapband and was told,by my surgeon, not to eat breads, pasta, rice and some nuts. I’m afraid if I jump into my menu plan with both feet and eat everything I can’t help but gain weight. I don’t eat a fraction of this food.

Ossie-Sharon 8 years ago

Hi, Alice, and welcome. Yes, you can replace your snack with a food bar like LaraBars – they are excellent! Just make sure you get some extra calcium elsewhere in your day, especially since you are allergic to dairy (organic soy and goat may be alternatives).
Do be sure to select non-dairy in your profile so that you don’t get these products in your menus – you can always swap in cheddar cheese instead of any eggs that pop up.
Finally, take advantage of the swap function in your menus by clicking on the item you want to change, and selecting an alternative in the pop-up list.

Janetadcock 8 years ago

The five foods we are not suppose to eat are in a lot of the recipes (explain please).

Chiefie 8 years ago

I joined the program last weekend. My work days have been 12 hours long, and I am unable to follow the menu plan. Any suggestions? When I get home I am to tired to work out or cook meals, so I eat junk food.

Alice.parker 8 years ago

I am just starting my first week in the Trim Down Club and I have some questions. First, I like the idea of my planned menu, but there are a few specific things I would still like to have that aren’t on my menu. For example, I like Lara bars as a snack occasionally. They are all natural fruit and nut bars. Can I replace a snack with one? Also, I have food allergies and sensitivities that are not listed. I am allergic to carrots and eggs make me sick. I can eat a little butter and cheddar cheese, but I can’t eat dairy yogurt or cow milk. How can I tweek my menu when I’m given no choice for a specific food that I know I can’t or won’t eat? I really want this to be a tool I can use. This first week has been a rocky start.

Ossie-Sharon 8 years ago

Hi, Olliebeck. You make that change in your profile, which you can access by clicking on your name at the top of each page.

Olliebeck 8 years ago

Thank you for all the responses. It’s very helpful. Here is one more question. I want to change out my menu to gluten-free because I’m eating more bread products than I ever have before and it doesn’t feel comfortable. I can’t find that page where I can change this out. Can someone please tell me how to get back to where I can change my menu to GF? Many thanks!

jm2970 8 years ago

Ossie-Sharon:

You are the best! Thank you! 🙂

melanieschwob 8 years ago

I’m in my 4th week of the 8 week plan, and I am so pleased with the results! I’m absolutely loving the variety of foods that I had forgotten tasted so good! I’m also incorporating the desk-ercise routine 3 times/week. I’m gardening and walking the dog more often since I seem to have more energy. My craving for sweets is GONE and I am down a pant size! I’ve lost about 2 lbs but I’m learning to avoid using the scale as my measurement of success. Where have you been all my life?!
Melanie

misskate 8 years ago

Brand new to the program…the amounts of food called for in menus is so small and of such variety, are there suggestions as to how to store remainder of food? For instance, one meal calls for 3 oz of beef, strip steak/porterhouse…should the remainder be frozen, or would that impact nutritional value? Do succession of menus take into account left over portions of ingredients purchased so as not to waste $’s on unused groceries???

Support 8 years ago

Hi Olliebeck,

You can connect with other members through ‘Friends’ followed by ‘Search Friends’ at the top of the Trim Down Club website.

Best 😉

Olliebeck 8 years ago

Hi. Where on the website do you look up people and invite them to be friends? I read an outside review from a member and wanted to connect up with her inside the club. Where do I do that? Thanks!

Jeannebz54 8 years ago

I use the 0% Yeo yoghurt – prefer the vanilla – and I also add some fruit – plus plain yoghurt –
A little honey in plain Greek yogurt also takes the edge off. Plain yoghurt tastes better with savoury food – with salads and chicken

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 88 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.