Viewing 13 posts - 46 through 58 (of 58 total)
Ossie-Sharon 8 years ago

Thearnon, because of the impulse to binge at night, it is particularly important to be well-fed earlier in the day. Remember: you don’t have to be good at it right away, just try to do a little better each day or even week.
With regard to your concern about snacks and time, perhaps you can consider drinking your snacks. Taking smoothies and soups in thermoses to work can do the trick – we have many recipes for both:
https://www.trimdownclub.com/recipe_type/drinks/
https://www.trimdownclub.com/recipe_type/soups/

Ossie-Sharon 8 years ago

Hi to all. The foods about which you’re asking are in the Menu Planner lists. They may not show up every week, but you can always have them instead of what is currently taking up that spot (for example, you can have a cup of watermelon instead of another fruit).

ronald5812 8 years ago

Why isn’t watermelon listed this week. It was on my last weeks menu.

Thearnon 8 years ago

Hi, just started today. I am 255, 58 years old and 5’5″. My biggest problem has been not really eating much during the day and then when I get home from work eating uncontrollably. I don’t know if I get bored, sleepy or a combination. I have sleep apnea and I desperately want to get this weight off but I have just felt lost and even though I know I shouldn’t eat so crazily in the evening I can’t seem to stop.

My work is really busy during the day so to stop in the middle and get the snacks in is going to be difficult for me, half the time I take lunch and come home never having touched it.

Also I wondered about a couple foods I didn’t see including turkey bacon, watermelon and canteloupe, maybe I just didn’t see them. Is there a way to add a food you normally do eat into your plan if you can’t find it?

dimples4566 8 years ago

I don’t see watermelon as a choice. Can I eat watermelon? It is a seasonal fruit so only eat it for 3 months or so but really love it.

Nothing is mentioned about the times when we go out to eat and can’t stick to our weekly menu choices or one that is even an option. What does one do?

sjaws 8 years ago

Hi all..well I think that all of us have to make a commitment to OURSELVES..and possibly not to worry about others in our lives..at least at the start..like no more fooling around anymore..for myself at least..I shouldn’t use other peoples lives and their problems as my own..oh this d0es.t make sense.so one step at a time..slow down..to-day I will concentrate on my plan which I will try to make with the info given me.Thank to all who are trying to help me Sjaws

sjaws 8 years ago

Hi, again. I have made up my mind that this time I am going to succeed !!!!!!!!No excuses or similar mixed up feelings.. I must be completely honest with myself,and the friends.I hope to meet here….so I am going to do everything that is suggested to me…I still have to do the shopping..good luck to you all..I intend to check here a lot..and try to make new friends who I might be able to help..and who posibbly will help me.. Hugs to all..SJAWS

Ossie-Sharon 8 years ago

Hi, sjaws, and welcome! We wish you the very best here, and are happy to help in whatever way we can.

sjaws 8 years ago

Everything I see here is fantastic..it will be fun once I get going..so much to do lol main thing is shopping..need a few things.I have really been having problems with my health..after a visit to emergency a few days ago I just got fed up with myself and realise I am my own enemy.. possibly the club will save my life.. NO exageration..I will work at it ..I am 79 years old and weigh 187I am probably posting in the wrong place.. SJAWS

Ossie-Sharon 8 years ago

Hi, rrcrabb, and welcome! You may really get a lot out of our groups (link in the upper right corner of this page). The most popular is “Successful Beginnings,” but you may find others to your liking as well. There is a ton of mutual support and problem-solving there.

rrcrabb 8 years ago

Hi to everyone!! I too am new to this program and having difficulty with getting started at home for several reasons. I need to start cooking at home, this I know, but I feel guilty for making my husband indure having to eat at home most of the time . We are both retired now and so have lost the daily socialization that comes with being out in the work force, so eating diner out is a big thing for my husband. We socialize a lot with friends and family too. Yesterday we spent the day at tthe OCFair with my sister and her husband and then ended the night at the Angel’s Baseball Game. This all sounds wonderful, and it is, BUT fair food and stadium food, while very tempting, are not the best food for losing weight! How do I control my food when I don’t have control of my surroundings? ALSO, I am a runner (I use that word loosely) and I am running a 1/2 Marathon in San Francisco on July 26th and a 1/2 Marathon in Kauai on Sept. 6th and my first full marathon on Oct 4th in Portland, Oregon…lots of traveling …… another challenge trying to stay on a healthy eating plan, get the proper nutrition for running and recovery and still lose weight! You would think losing weight wouldn’t be a problem with all the running I do but IT IS! I am 5’3″ and and as of this morning up a couple pounds to 144.6 lbs! I should be down in the 120’s at least and would love to get back to 116 lbs., where I felt my best. I am 63, soon to be 64 in August and still active but my weight is slowing me down!! Ranting! Need help!!

Support 8 years ago

Welcome paulsfit,
To get started on the Trim Down Club Program, follow the instructions below:

1. Go to https://www.trimdownclub.com
2. On the top right corner of the homepage click Login
3. Enter your Username and Password (You can also use your email address connected to your purchase as your username. If you lost or forgot your password, click on “Lost your password?”)
4. After you login, click on “Follow 8 Week Plan”. This weekly guide will give you the tools and directions you need to start the program
5. Feel free to start by reading the brief Week 1 Introduction
6. Next, move on to the STARTING STEPS. To access the steps, simply click on START located underneath each STEP
7. To access your Weekly Meal Plan, simply click on the START button underneath Step 3.
8. As you progress in Week 1, gain some extra credit by checking out the Want to See More section. Here you will find the hottest information in the field of nutrition and health
9. Each week you will unlock new information as we guide you to get the body you deserve!

You’ve taken a huge step in the right direction, and the Trim Down Club Support Team and I are here to help you. Don’t hesitate to contact us, if we can be of any service.

Please drop by the website from time to time, since we’re continuously adding to the members’ area to enrich your Trim Down Club experience.

To your success!

paulsfit 8 years ago

Just joined and need some help. Where do you start with the website? I watched the video and really like what I heard. I am 51, 230 so that means I am obese according to BMI index. Really want to do something about it. Have GoodLife across the road that is 24 hrs. Looking forward to the road ahead.

Thanks to anyone.

Viewing 13 posts - 46 through 58 (of 58 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.