Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 58 total)
Ossie-Sharon 6 years ago

Hi, tomdcpa, and welcome. We are happy to help in whatever way we can.

tomdcpa 6 years ago

Ijust joined…I have a lower back issue “stenosis” with acute arthritis..losing weight will help..not to mention at age 69 I am still working and like nice food and clothes.
Anyway kind of depressed BUT truthfully I have not truly tried to lose weight 100%…I am going to start some exercise and STICK to it..well here goes!

Ossie-Sharon 6 years ago

Hi, jagjill. Absolutely!

jagjill 6 years ago

I work during the week…would be easier for me to switch the lunch and dinner up….Is this OK?

Itricia 6 years ago

I just started a week ago far too much, by dinner I don’t want to look at food, as for snacking in the evening no way, all I want is my hot milk then off to bed, will see how it all goes.

Noreennolan 7 years ago

Thank you. I just spent 3 hours at H.E.B and they carry a lot more organic items than I thought. I found the Food for life products in the frozen department. I will check out Sprouts store later this week. Thanks again for your help. I’m sure I’ll have more questions as time goes by.

Ossie-Sharon 7 years ago

Hi, Noreen. It’s great to read that you have access to such great shops! Your system sounds great, and it really is best that you do what works for you. Regarding good brands at those shops, try Sprouts own brand or Food for Life Ezekiel regular bread, pita bread, and English muffin products. Sprouts Whole Grain Flatbread Crackers and At H.E.B. Whole Grain Crackers are also good choices.

Noreennolan 7 years ago

I live in Mission Texas. We have a Strouts store and a large H.E.B which carries a varity of organic meats and veggies so I’m sure they have organic breads and other products. Their prices are cheaper than Spriuts. I live in a very small home with a very small refrigerator. I usually cook one meal and eat on it till it’s gone. I don’t have a lot of room to store bunches of food. I usually shop once a week and get the supplies for that week only. I need help finding a good brand name for english muffins, pita bread and rice crackers for my 1st weeks shopping list. If I could get some help in the right direction and check on a few items each week until I have my own list will work better for me instead of reading 25 or 30 labels for one item. I would appreciate any help you can give me.

Ossie-Sharon 7 years ago

Hi, Noreen, and welcome. First, note that the overwhelming part of getting oriented is just a one-time thing, and it can really pay off – and I’m happy to help in whatever way I can. Second, you don’t have to do everything at once – it’s actually better if you just ease into the program and take small steps, as they will add up more quickly that way.
Regarding reading labels, this can be cut back considerably if you prepare foods from scratch at home. If you tell me something about how you like to eat, I can give you examples. As for brands, we don’t automatically give them because people live in different areas and brands often change their ingredients. You can find the best brands at health-oriented stores like Whole Foods Market and online at Thrive Market (http://thrv.me/TrimDownClubV6). If you tell me where you live, I can help you with more options.

Noreennolan 7 years ago

Help me…. I joined today and spent 12 hours trying to read everything and download videos. I’m so flustrated… all this info and now I have to go read labels? I don’t have time for that… don’tthey have a list of recommended products somewhere so shopping is easier?
Just tell me what brand of bread or cheese is the best. Ugh…

Noreennolan 7 years ago

Help me…. I joined today and spent 12 hours trying to read everything and download videos. I’m so flustrated… all this info and now I have to go read labels? I don’t have time for that… don’tthey have a list of recommended products somewhere so shopping is easier?
Just tell me what brand of bread or cjesse is the best. Ugh…

Ossie-Sharon 7 years ago

Hi, nicaresearch, and welcome! You can eliminate those foods using the middle or right-most version of the menu-planner (see here: https://www.trimdownclub.com/menu-planner). Substitutions include other cheeses, fluid milk, plant-based alternatives, and high-calcium non-dairy foods such as tahini and white beans.

nicaresearch 7 years ago

I just joined. I don’t like yogurt or cream cheese or ricotta cheese…

How can these be replaced?

Ossie-Sharon 7 years ago

Hi, ValerieandMaurice. The intention is indeed for you to eat all of the food in the menu, but if you find it to be too much, don’t fight it – just try to get the protein and produce.

valerieandmaurice 7 years ago

When It comes to snacks, I’m I suppose to assume that I can eat both item or choose one of them as 1 snack. I find that it is a lot of food if I include all the snacks.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 58 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.