Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 58 total)
Ossie-Sharon 7 years ago

Hi, ValerieandMaurice, and welcome! I suggest you try posting in either the “Newbies” or “Tips, Tricks, and Recipes” threads in the “Nutrition” forum category. You can also try joining the “Successful Beginnings” group, which you can access through the “Groups” link at the top right corner of each site page. If you have any nutrition-related questions, I’m happy to help you here.

Ossie-Sharon 7 years ago

Hi, bpatel. Which soup was it?
In general you can work the recipes into your menu by comparing the exchanges per serving (information at the end of each recipe) to the exchanges allotted to you at meals (you can view these by clicking on “Exchange mode” in the toolbar above your menu). It doesn’t have to be a perfect fit, just an approximation is fine.

bpatel 7 years ago

Hi Im a newbie and will start the plan tommorow. I have cooked one of the soup today but unsure how this can be adapted into my weekly menu

valerieandmaurice 7 years ago

Hi, I’m a newbie at this. Just joined today and hope to start the program tomorrow. Would love to hear from anyone who is new at this.

delzinee 7 years ago

Hi all, I’m new to this today and wanted to see who’s starting the same time as me. I’m a bit overwhelmed with all the menu info if I’m honest, and worry that I’ll just fail if the ingredients are too ‘out there’ for me to feel confident buying/using! Any tips to keep it simple? X

Ossie-Sharon 7 years ago

Hi, Eleanor. You can use it for cooking or baking like you would another oil or butter. You can also use it to season foods like pasta or vegetables.

EleanorT 7 years ago

Hi, I started this diet on Monday. I see Coconut Oil in my menus several times and I have bought some but I have no idea how to use it.

Ossie-Sharon 7 years ago

Hi, Andrena. The following shopping guide can help: https://www.trimdownclub.com/where-to-buy-UK. A fair variety of nut butters is generally available at regular grocery shops.

Burra01 7 years ago

Hello my name is andrena I have joined this site to get food ideas.
I have noticed the different nut butters where do you buy these I’m from the uk?

Tscott0710 7 years ago

Hi I am just starting this week have my menu ready. I am hoping this is going to work for me really need to loose weight. I have been struggling for awhile and have tried different things but nothing is working.

jokgia 7 years ago

I am 5’9.5″ and weighed in this morning at 252.5 lbs. I’m dealing with a multitude of health issues, most of which are no doubt a result of my weight. So, after unsuccessfully trying several different “diet” and “weight loss” plans, I came across the TDC and decided this may work for me. So, I’m going to give this my best shot and hope that I can get myself under control and give up all of weight I’ve needlessly been keeping close to my heart for so many years. Knowing that I’ll have a lot of questions, I’m confident that I’ll get the help that I know I’ll need.

Ossie-Sharon 7 years ago

Hi, cyclenuts. Information about what to drink is in the FAQ section below your finished menu. Milk products are encouraged and wine is fine, but they need to be counted in your menu (unlike water and unsweetenened tea and coffee, etc.). In the personal version of the Menu Planner, you can select them for inclusion in your menus.
Yes, this site does take some getting used to! 🙂 Just ease into it – there’s definitely no need or pressure to dive in. Small changes add up and tend to stick around longer.

cyclenuts 7 years ago

I have a question on what to drink with my meals, snacks – food sounds great and I love food, but no mention on what to drink – do I assume just water, what about milk products? There are times this site can be very “busy” as in confusing, just guess it takes getting used to. What about a drink of red wine with a meal?

Ossie-Sharon 7 years ago

Hi, smehigan. Thats wonderful news! We wish you continued success, and are happy to help in whatever way we can.

smehigan 7 years ago

I am pretty excited about this program! I began 5 days ago very nervous about all the food I am supposed to eat but wow! I am never hungry and haven’t craved chocolate which is very unusual! I have already lost 2 lbs in just under a week which for me is very rare! So glad I found this site!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 58 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.