Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 54 total)
soulfulseeker2 11 years ago

Ossie: I’m still concerned that I’m not getting enough protein and too many carbs. My weight is 140 and my height is 5’2″. I used to work out 4 miles a day 7 days a week. However, my knees are really bad as is one of my hips so I have little exercise anymore. The proportions of carbs to protein was based on the fact that I answered in my profile “moderate exercise”. However its basically not even that anymore. Let me know what the breakdown of carbs and proteins should be. Thanks

gulfsunbrat 11 years ago

Hi Ossie,

Thank you so very much. The information you gave me is helpful!

MikeR 11 years ago

Adzuki beans can usually be obtained from Asian or Chinese/Japanese stores. If you can’t find them you can substitute Black Beans, Haricot (Navy) Beans or Borletti Beans. I can’t easily get Quinoa flour either.

luckylucy 11 years ago

Hello, I have been planningn my shopping list but struggling to get the ingredients, can’t get quinoa flour, potato flour, adzuki beans, stevia powder, I wanted to make those muffins and my own bread, any substitutes or any other idea. Thanks.

Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

Hi, Dwight (stones). Your daily requirement would be about 2400-2600 Calories, and at least 76 grams per day of protein, at least 300 grams of carbohydrates, and 80 grams or less of fat per day.

Hi, Cheryl – absolutely. You can also double the amount of one or the other instead of having a little of each. As long as you have variety throughout the day and from day to day, you should be find. Also, try leaving the skin on the potato (scrub well!!!) for the extra fiber the brown rice would have added.

CherylDev 11 years ago

Been struggling with the different carbs in a meal, eg: br. rice and stuffing in one meal. Is it neccesary or can I just have the mash potato in place of both they use for sub? Do I get that same diet result by not having the variety?

Hi, GulfSunBrat. Quinoa puff pastry is not available in stores at this point, but can be made with this recipe (baking temp and time per the recipe for the pie, etc.)https://www.trimdownclub.com/recipe/puff-pastry-dough/
As for other substitutions, quinoa flour can generally be substituted for whole wheat flour. Cottage and ricotta can generally be substituted for one another, and for recipes where melted cheese is an ingredient (i.e. in pizza), mozzarella is fine (part skim or lighter is recommended, of course!).
During the day, you can rearrange the foods however you want, but do be sure to get plenty of protein in the morning, and be cautious not to load up too much when you’re least active (i.e. right before bed).

gulfsunbrat 11 years ago

Hello Ossie,

I have a question about recipe substitutions. Some of the recipes call for ingredients that I cannot find while others may be too heavy to my taste.
For the bread items, would i be able to omit lets say the puff pastry if I cannnot find it (pot pie without the pie part) or will that be an issue for the weight loss?
Also can I substitute cottage cheese for something like fresh mozzarella or ricotta?
And lastly, could I omit some of the meals and maybe replace them with one of the snacks (i.e. my snack is rice cakes, egg white and grapes and I would like to have this snack for breakfast, snack, lunch, snack) or will that impact the weight loss results? The menus have too much food. Or maybe I could have the lunch (soup) for both lunch and dinner?

Hi, SariOmalley. Assuming he is healthy,, I would say his carb needs are about 275-300 grams/day, and protein 90-100 grams/day.

ajay1982 11 years ago

Hey I’m new to the program and was looking at the recipes.I noticed the recipes do not have total carbs.me being a diabetic it would help to know the total carbs.

sariomalley 11 years ago

Ossie, I am doing all the cooking and planning for my husband’s weight loss. He is 6′ and weighs 230 lbs. What would be his daily carbs and protein needs?

topsmom 11 years ago

hi ossie, i’m female 5’1 149lbs. 47 years old and work out daily sometimes 30 mins. on elptical other days weights to build muscle. i’m in good health. thanks for the help.

Kelz1973 11 years ago

Thanks Ossie.

Hi, Kelz. Differing needs are really more related to age, gender, and sometimes racial background. As women go through menopause, it because more beneficial to focus on protein.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 54 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.