Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 54 total)
SavedbyGrace1950 11 years ago

Is there a way to get the ratio of carbs, protein and fat per meal and snack? I am not good at doing prepared menus and usally like to do my own. While I probably will try some of the recipes for the most part I think I would do better just knowing what my ratios should be. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

ThinnerKaren 11 years ago

Is it really necessary to eat the proportions listed in the menu, I have a hard time eating that much food, sometimes half of it would be plenty for me?

Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

Pelkind, MMWiese, and SoulfulSeeker: Try cutting back a little on the fat and carb amounts, though no more than a quarter of what you’re given. Be sure to keep all the proteins and vegetables. If you can make the proteins leaner than they are now (cut back on fats), that will help, too.
Last, but definitely not least, exercise if the best thing for getting metabolism up, especially in the belly area. Even just brisk walking or adding a brisk walk for 20-30 minutes per day can add up and make a difference (if the weather is poor, walk in place in front of the TV, or do floor exercises with a DVD). Getting your metabolism up and keep it up is a priority.

soulfulseeker2 11 years ago

Ossie: If this is called “The Trim Down Club” aren’t we supposed to be loosing weight not maintaining it? When I joined it talked about getting rid of “belly fat”. I know how to eat healthy and proportions, however, I thought this “diet” was supposed to be a diet and although you answered someone’s post with “this is not a crash diet”, I don’t understand how “maintaining weight” can be a diet. I was under the impression this was to LOOSE weight not maintain. This was sold to me as a diet, not just how to eat right, I know how to do that. I was trying to loose the last 20 pounds of belly fat that doesn’t seem to want to disappear.

mmwiese 11 years ago

Hi Ossie, I find the TrimDownClub menu’s very convenient, but I really struggle to eat all the food – it is way too much for me! What advice is there for me? Is it ok to eat the food on my daily menu, but cut down on the amounts?

PELKIND 11 years ago

Thanks. How do I lose the belly fat a little faster? When can we expect to see the info posted? PDE

The Menu Planner automatically does this for you, based on the information you put in your profile. If your extra weight is centered in your belly, it will be a slow start – and in general, the weight loss here will be slow because you are eating according to how you should eat to maintain a healthy weight, not a “crash” sort of diet to slim down fast. It is annoying at first, but the results last longer.
In the future, the program will post more information regarding allotted carbs, proteins, and fats to hep guide your own menu planning.

PELKIND 11 years ago

Thanks Ossie,
I have been trying to just do whole foods but need to loose 30 lbs
of belly fat. My weight is 157 and I ohave only lost 1.5 lbs in 2 weeks. Excersize is light. How do I know how many prot, carbs etc
and how to allocat these to loose fat? PDE

Hi, Stephen. According to your gender, measurements, and activity level, your daily menu pattern here is based on 200-225 gm carbohydrates (40 gm or less from sugars), 130 gm protein, and 70-75 gm fat (1/3 or less from saturated fat, with minimal trans-fats); recommended sodium is about 2000-3000 mg sodium per day; the upper limit for cholesterol is about 300 mg per day if you are healthy; and about 40 gm/day of fiber (mix of soluble and insoluble).

Hi, PDE. There are many items in the menu planner that don’t require intensive preparation. Just avoid the recipes and prepare whole fresh foods, and you should be fine.

PELKIND 11 years ago

Hi Ossie,
I’m 2 weeks into the program and finding the menu too restrictive.
Too much food prep for my aging back. Besides varying foods is their a key to menu developement? I need very little standing in kitchen. I am female 69 years 5 ft and 150 lbs. Thanks PDE

About 1800 for your BMI.

soulfulseeker2 11 years ago

Hi Ossie: Thanks for the answer another quick question in regards to the answer you gave me, about how many calories is this per day? Just wondering. Thanks

stephenloebs 11 years ago

What are the parameters for the grams or milligrams per day for total fat. saturated fat,trans fat,cholesterol.sodium,total carbs,dietary fibers,sugars,protein. I am 6ft,200.lbs,working out 4 times per week,no health problems.

Hi, Soulful Seeker. In your diet pattern you are getting 95 grams of protein per day, which is 1.5 grams per kilograms = nearly twice the RDA (recommended daily allowance established by the government). That is a huge amount. Going much above that is not considered so great for your kidneys. Your carbs will be about 200 grams, which is 45% of your energy – that is well below the 50-65% generally recommended, but we know that for diabetics and women in their mid-40s plus, this proportion is better for preserving muscle mass while losing weight.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 54 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.