Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 60 total)
Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

Sprouted whole grain (SWG) and raw 100% whole grain cereals are great.

judygab 11 years ago

Are there any cold cereals that are ok? I like just a splash of coconut or almond milk.

Coconut milk is mostly (saturated) fat, and provides relatively little nutrition for the high amount of calories. It is OK as a flavoring agent, but I wouldn’t recommend drinking it or pouring it over cereal in the same manner as other milks.

judygab 11 years ago

What about coconut milk?

TrimDownClub 11 years ago

Dairy substitutes in the menu planner include rice and almond milks for calcium and taste, and nuts and beans (and their products, including organic/raw nut butters, hummus, and tahini) for protein and other minerals (if you are a vegetarian; if not, eggs and meat are also sources).
There is very little soy in our program – you can choice or avoid the few items there are in the menu planner.
“Foods to eat” are those listed on our menu planner. “Foods to avoid” are discussed in our program introduction and guides – primarily processed foods and those with trans fats and concentrated simple sugars.
“Hidden” sugars are those that you see in the ingredients list, but which you don’t taste, such as in bread products, pasta sauces, french fries, etc.
The guides are available through the “Downloads” tab in the website.
Thank you for your input regarding the menu planner – your concerns have been forwarded to our technicians.

pmkean 11 years ago

My initial concern: dairy! I don’t eat it and so the menu is not realistic for me in this way. Can you look into non dairy and non meat alternatives for protien? Thanks!

star 11 years ago

Wow thanks for your reponse, this will help alot thank you!!

If you are not a vegetarian, there is no need to use seeds for anything (don’t forget also to avoid nuts, popcorn, seedy jams, etc.), though nut milks make a great alternative to dairy milks. There are no lactose-free dairy products, but some are lower, such as reduced-lactose milks, yogurt, cheese, and goat dairy products, all of which are available at supermarkets. Cottage cheese may be trickier, but if you really love it, you can always take a lactase supplement before eating it. Don’t forget – if/when you are in the acute stage of either of the conditions you mentioned above, you should avoid all dairy, as well as whole grains/fibers, uncooked/unpeeled vegetables and fruits.

star 11 years ago

yes i need some help.. for instance i tried not to have seeds (due to colon perforation,,diverticulosis)so how can i switch… and i am lactose interlorance for example the milk i can use coconut milk right? yogurt lactose free right? i love cottage cheese what do i switch ? i dont have problems with the menu planner ( love it) just need to adjust will appreciate the help…

The eating plan is built through the Menu Planner application. If you have any other questions, please do list them, and I would be more than happy to help.

Joannes 11 years ago

Happy to read your concerns. I was beginning to doubt my intelligence since I could find no complete mention of an eating plan. Yes weight watchers controls potions but at least it is easy to understand their program. I had high hopes but now just feel like I ave been taken. I am co platelet confused!

We appreciate any and all input regarding the program, and are continuously planning and adding features based on your needs. Yes, all is electronic, but the guides available to download have the same content as a paper book. And of course, if you have specific areas of interest, please list them here, and I would be happy to make suggestions.
Regarding the food choices – one of the goals of this program is to introduce people to the healthiest, unprocessed foods – then you can decide what works best for you. You will see in the menu planner app that there are different types of foods that you can swap out, and you can do the same for the receipes (for example, if you don’t like quinuoa, then sub with whole rice). We are planning to add new recipes, with more information (i.e. serving sizes, number of “exchanges”), as well as a list of resources for finding whole, unprocessed foods.

Patrick 11 years ago

I don’t understand the fuss. I’ve been here for a few weeks now, and from what I saw it’s easy to get free help and advice here in the community – Ossie answers the questions regularly.

There were already topics explaining raw milk, etc… Also it seems like the website is continually improving. I don’t have any problems, but I guess my expectations were different from yours.

chakerie 11 years ago

I really hope that the Trim down club is reading all of the concerns that you all are posting because I too have the same concerns.

cinn 11 years ago

i just signed up last night is this all threw computer or do they send u books to learn more with more food ideas ????? cuz it dosnt seem like allot of info ?? or am i missing something confused HELP PLEASE!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 60 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.